What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sopranos ***SPOILER***

mullet

Juniors
Anyone been keeping up to date with the american viewing, i know there are few fans out there

All i have to say is :crazy:

One hour left of the greatest show ever.

i wont reveal anything without a warning

2 True Blues

Coach
I loved the show mate. But all the cutting of episodes and the late night time slot prevented me from following the plot. Figured I would buy the series from JB Hi Fi when it was all over.

mullet

Juniors
i feel for you, i really do. Yes the typical action of pushing 'quality' television shows to time slots that are so late really does inconvenience true fans.

Avoid any soprano discussion, if you dont want to know what happens. :)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Soprano's is one of the greatest shows ever made. Just bought series 6 from JB.

Samwise

Bench
mullet said:
samwise, patsy or paulie a rat? tony or phil dead?

oh geez

TBH i don't think either Patsy or Paulie are rats. Actually the character that plays Paulie has it written into his contract that he will never become a rat on the show.

I really hope Phil gets killed with a massive pool cue up the arse. I actually wouldn't put it past Phil to go after Tonys family.

Steel Dragon

Bench
please dont give anything away without sufficient SPOILER warning!

My housemate usually gets all the eps off bit torrent - but has been busy with uni. Hopefully the long weekend will be fruitful....

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
all the cutting of episodes and the late night time slot prevented me from following the plot.
Same here. Loved what I've seen of it but it's been very disjointed viewing I'm afraid :(

mullet

Juniors
well its all over folks i'll attached a spoiler thing to this thread then post my review

mullet

Juniors
Steel Dragon said:
please dont give anything away without sufficient SPOILER warning!

My housemate usually gets all the eps off bit torrent - but has been busy with uni. Hopefully the long weekend will be fruitful....

would never do that to ya mate

mullet

Juniors
it's all over folks. The greatest television show to grace television screens in Australia is over.

Long live Tony Soprano - this statement gives it all away or does it.

Yes thats right Tony Soprano in victorious or is he?. Yes he lives (or does he?) And Yes Phil Leotardo is whacked in what was a no contest bullet in the temple then having his ugly head crushed under a slow moving car. That is the short of it.

I will forgive someone for feeling a little confused and unsatisfied with the ending but the genius that David Chase is finished the story of perfectly. Some say it was left to open..

• Silvio still lays in hospital does he live or does he die - i guess we'll never know
  • Paulie still struggles to cope with his mixed feelings towards tony however he remains loyal. The final scene with tony and Paulie together still leaves a question in the viewers mind will he or wont he? Again i guess we'll never know
  • Who will run NY now that Philly is dead?
  • Will Carmine JNR make a return as Boss of his rightful family - the Lupertazzi family. No one is clearly capable in the current crew with the ease at which Tony was able to persuade a cease fire but again i guess we'll never know
  • The final scene with his family in the restaurant however is the most compelling. As the suspense builds while Meadow struggles to reverse park her car. Who are all those people that walked through the door e.g the two young black men, the man who is in front of AJ and especially the one sitting at the counter have a drink. The camera work is awesome in suspense building as the camera's change scenes for every attempt meadow trys to park her car with a new suspect person walking through the door. There is a reason behind their inclusion. I personally thought this is where tony himself gets two bullets in the head but nay. They show finished in the most abrupt and initially unsatisfying way. Does Tony die are we seeing it from his perspective. I mean whhen you're shot, that's what happens. You're with your family, you don't really even see it coming and you definitely don't hear it. The guy went into the bathroom Godfather style, came out and shot Tony in the head. Killed him in front of his wife, the same way they did Phil. Are You seeing everything from Tony's point of view.
  • And lastly if he does live what happens to Tony as is indicated he will face chargers for murder, guns and fraud?
I guess we'll never know.... or will we?

Personally i don't think there is a chance for a movie and i whole heartedly hope not.

Jnr soprano was written out well although sad was his demise. Dr Melfi payed no part in this episode i still question whether I'm satisfied with her departure. In the end we are led to believe to an extent the Soprano Family lives happily ever after. Neither Paulie or Patsy flipped. Its became obvious that Patsy wouldn't seeing Meadow Soprano would become his daughter in law. In was in fact Carlo who flipped. The tony soprano of seasons 1-5 was very likable but he grew to be a very dis likable figure in the final series.

A very ironic part of it in the end is how Tony use of the FBI agent to get his dirt. If it wasn't for the FBI agents questionable revealing of intelligence Tony could have been dead. The scene where the FBI agent is told Phil got whacked was a crack up.

We are left with a warm and fuzzy feeling a tad predictable but with a twist. The music again used is great one of the key features to the success of this show.

That is my initial review. I will watch it again. My thoughts may change or i may have things to add. I forward to further comments/ criticism's. The sopranos is truly one of the greatest television shows. If you have nothing worthwhile to say then don't piss off!

Samwise

Bench
Loved it. At first I was like WTF?!!?? but after rewatching it i completely dug the ending. It really doesn't matter if Tony got capped by anyone of the mysterious cafe diners or they just sat down for dinner. Was the guy who went to the bathroom a federal agent, one of Phils guys, absolutely nobody? The ending totally makes you feel what Tony had been feeling the past 7 odd years. The paranoia, tension, feelings of doom and anxiety.

As for the family you can see Anthony jr going down the same road as his dad. Meadow becoming the next family lawyer. Carmella won't change.

Loved the hit on Phil, that asshole. Carmine Jr has pretty much no choice but step up to the boss of the NY family now.

Overall just a stunning series. Always breaking new ground and keeping the viewer on the edge of the seat.

mullet

Juniors
Very true samwise you are right it doesnt matter after all.

I initially thought the balck out was a dodgy down load and yelledat my brother but then the credits came on and i was thinking wtf watched it again and realised all i could say was WOW

There are heaps of critisims flying around because viewers wanted a definate ending. David chase never dumb down the series, there are loose ends throughout the entire 6 seasons why would he do that now. Thats the beauty of Sopranos. People will say season 6 was the most boring of all seasons i disgree.

My only criticism is the way melfi was ousted, for such an integral character her ending was cheap. I wish Chris could have been there in the end but...ohwell!

The ending was fantastic and i sincerely hope there is no movie!

mullet

Juniors
Wheelsy i think that as well but I'll enjoy the ending for what its worth, you simply just don't know.

Latest posts