What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tigers might need just 1 more win to make the top 8

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Sharks vs
Bye
Storm (H)
Cowboys (A)

Raiders vs
Roosters (H)
Bye
Souths (H)

Knights
Dragons (H)
Bulldogs (A)
Tigers (H)

How are we looking now? We may just need 1 win to make the finals now...........

Bib

Juniors
Even if we lose next week we will still be in the 8. I think Newcastle can forget it now, but we have to beat the cowboys, that is our grand final for sure

Tigerpete

Juniors
If we win the games we realistically can win (cowboys and Knights) well we'll be there, the last 2 weeks have really helped us, Canberra and Newcastle seem to be losing the plot.

gr8_1

Juniors
If we win only one more game, Newcastle and Canberra have to win the next 3 games to make it.

If we win 2 more games we are in. Unless the game we lose we get spanked by a wopping margin.

One week at a time peeps. :)

ozcrusader

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
So we only have to win 1 game to make it?

MAYBE.

But two would guarantee it.

Beating the Broncos in Brisbance after the bye and after they have been beaten by the Dogs will be very very difficult.

Need to spank the Knights and beat the Cowgirls.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
So we only have to win 1 game to make it?

That's right....

Unless the Raiders can beat the Roosters and Souths + the Sharks can beat both the Storm and the Cowboys.....highly unlikely.

Newcastle are gone.......

Bib

Juniors
Swampdonkey said:
Sharks vs
Bye
Storm (H)
Cowboys (A)

Raiders vs
Roosters (H)
Bye
Souths (H)

Knights
Dragons (H)
Bulldogs (A)
Tigers (H)

How are we looking now? We may just need 1 win to make the finals now...........

Well i expect the sharks to only get 2 more points and they are two behind us, and i expect the raiders to get 4 more points, so we would only have to win one game based on for and against

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I just hope we are competitive against the Broncos.

I have a bad feeling that they are going to be pumped up after getting slaughtered today and hopefully, we wont be on the receiving end of another thrashing ala Dragons and Roosters.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Broncos don't have the attack of the Dragons and Roosters.

They might be pumped, but they could also be flat. They don't have much to play for. They cant get the minor premiership anymore.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
1 win and we will make it - thats if everything goes to plan

(Like Raiders dont beat the Roosters, or Knights dont beat the Dogs & Dragons)

And of course we dont get lapped by 50 against Brisbane

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
How about we aim to win all 3 get out of the last 2 positions and get a second bite of the cherry if things in the finals go as planned. That would be awesome and then we would get a shot at the Broncos again.

innsaneink

Referee
Eddie. said:
Oh the pain of seeing Canberra sliding right out of the 8

Ta ta Raiders.

Yeah that was excruciating wasnt it.....it dont tickle when your sides are splitting... :lol: :lol: :lol:

axl rose

Bench
Eddie. said:
Oh the pain of seeing Canberra sliding right out of the 8

Ta ta Raiders.

but they do have a bright future, M.Adamson and J.Smith are pretty young arent they? I think they also signed Croker for another 2 years, he is young as well.

gregstar

Referee
Tigers! Please win this weekend! I'm going to the game with a mate who is a long suffering Tigers fan & I simply hate the Broncos! Please win Tigers, it makes my day listening to the media up here whinge about being robbed! Let it happen again this weekend! Win Tigers WIN!

Michaelson

Juniors
Something not being factored in here is the Cowboys. Even if the Tigers only win one game against the Cowboys at Cambeltown, there's a chance that the Cowboys could not make the 8 altogether and the Tigers and Raiders or Sharks could both make it.

The Cowboys face the Panthers next week (which they'll lose), the Tigers the week after (which they might, but shouldn't, win), and the Sharks after that, which they could well lose also.

So, as well as cheering for the teams playing against the Sharks, Knights and Raiders for the next few weeks, I think there's a lot to be said for cheering against the Cowboys as well.