What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The top 5 most influential players

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Earlier I was pondering who in 2013 is and will be the most critical players to the knights success. By this I mean if there was a loss of form to an individual, which players would have the greatest impact on the teams success.

My top 5 would be:

1) Jarred Mullen - Vital kicking game, defense and try assists
2) Danny Buderus - Leads the defensive line and offers the team structure
3) Willie Mason - Leader of the pack
4) Darius Boyd - Try assists and safety at the back
5) Jeremy Smith - Consistent and leads by example

If I was going to continue with a complete list it would then go onto:

6) Uate
7) Gagai
8) Snowden
9) Scott
10) Gidley
11) Mcmanus
12) Roberts
13) Tahu
14) Fa'alogo
15) Houston
16) Cuthbertson
17) Rochow
18) Mckinnon
25)Costigan

That was a very difficult list to come up with and I am sure my opinion on it will change throughout the season, but at the moment that is how I would rank the players.

Who would you choose?

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
I would probably jump Roberts up at least 3 spots at the moment but the rest looks pretty good.

It is a tough one, I mean there is what the player brings to the team but also the strength of the replacement. So the strength of our Centre depth with BJ and wing depth with Kev, as well as our competition for places on the bench for forwards means players that might have been right up there a few years ago (like Jimmy, Tahu, House, Gidley) just aren't any more. It's great for the team that a guy like Scott can get injured and we aren't screaming for help in the back row

Latest posts