What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Continued from The Tv rights thread

last post was

BTW it is on again at 3pm on Sky Business channel today,if anyone missed it.

Sheesh ,I am no fan of the Galloper,but for once even lil ole moi,has to admit,he handled the interview well.And not before flipping time.
The parts I liked,(especially when you get clowns like RedB ,Wookie and the other fumbler sycophants on other forums) ,argue only journos bring up the Packer pushing the AFL's last contract.Well Gallop mentioned it ,that they got lucky.:oops:
When advised the fumbleball goes for 3 hrs and the NRL goes for two, that is a good argument for bidders,Gallop responded we get the consistent Tv ratings.
The offield crap was brought up,which Gallop responded all the young players are going through intensive education programs in that regard.
Any way have a look at the interview and make your won decision.

hutch

First Grade
im no gallop fan and i think he has had his chance and needs to move on, but i think that was one of his best interviews ever.

whall15

Coach
This is going to be terrible unless it's similar to the AFL deal, we need the sport on FTA.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i did a bit of googling and supposedly it mentions if they were succesful they wouldn't introduce an NRL channel like they are doing for AFL

f**k that

El Diablo

Post Whore
just occured to me that PMG didn't actually purchase the AFL rights

it was Foxtel with a bit from Austar

so two seperate mobs.

Cletus

First Grade
F
who is this company you speak of?

They buy sports rights and onsell them to Foxtel, Packer and News Ltd own it. It sounds like they will try to do what they did with the AFL right, I guess it all comes down to how much money theyll offer.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Good news is by law that several games MUST be on FTA. Sure they can buy all the games. It will be just like the AFL deal.

El Diablo

Post Whore
just read the article in the AFR

nothing in it really. no direct quotes from anyone except some nameless media analyst and another nameless TV exec

Nine or PMG weren't even available for comment about what was written

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I'd prefer it too be a pay TV exclusive. We wouldn't have to put up with shithouse coverage. Show it live on pay TV and let the commercial stations delay the game fill it with adds like the vampires they are whilst I'm watching the game live.

BDGS

Bench
This is going to be terrible unless it's similar to the AFL deal, we need the sport on FTA.

The best thing the that Fox Sports will get is all the games, with the 3 or 4 FTA games on whatever FTA Channel whiling being on Fox Sports at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.