What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Volcano

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think he is definatly the best winger in the world at the moment
He was a class above his NZ counter parts last night and he was hitting it up strong all night
Some very good defencive work aswell which was once a minor problem for him
He has scored something like 12 trys in about 5 games

heres hoping he comes back to the NRL (canberra only :p) and shows us what he can really do!

Big Mick

Referee
Was a great tackle by Tate to bring the big fella down.

But to be hoenst, he is a really good player, but didn't really have much affect last night, he was certainly one of NZ's best, along with Joe Galuvao, who i thought had a brilliant game.

Anonymous

Juniors
I didn't think he was that good :? Ran sideways and easily contained. Pathetic effort when Tate put him over the sideline.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Be fair, that was a great tackle by Tate
I recon from NZ he was the best bar big Jo
and he has been absolutly killing it England
i saw a bit of a bradford game the other day and he makes there defence look ordinary
IMHO he is the best winger going around ATM

weasel

First Grade
I doubt it's really that hard to dominate in the English Super League, especially if you're playing for a club like Bradford, considering how much chaff they come up against in the form of the weaker super league clubs. He played in the NRL for several years, and despite scoring a memorable try here and there he was fairly ordinary. While he may have improved somewhat during his time overseas I doubt if he returned here he would perform any better than he did in his original Australian stint.

Raider_69

Post Whore
From what ive seen he is twice the player that left the raiders a few years ago
i recon if he came back to the NRL he would definatly be in the top 2-3 wingers in the comp

wingers is a area the league isnt all that strong in, hence DeVere on the wing for Aust.

choc_soldier

Coach
I think Robbie Paul would kill it in the NRL.

Shame he seems to have no intention or desire to do so. He's around 30 (?), and has two years left to run with the Bulls. That will probably see him out.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I had always hoped to see both Paul brothers play in the best comp in the world one day, its a shame neither will be doing that thou :(

Special K

Coach
The Volcano was supposed to be the next Mal according to people within the Canberra club. I'd like to see him back in the nrl.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont think so
my mail is the raiders and monnas (mick) himself are keen to rejoin at first chance ;-)

will love to have the monnas brothers back in green 8)

t-ba

Post Whore
Played very well tonight he did. I reckon Monas will have a good time this silly season testing his value on the open market ;-) . Don't break out in tears when he gets snavelled up by the Boys in Maroon :D .

thuganomics

Coach
I loved watching Vanikolo back in action. I just really wanted to watch Tevita Viakona in action. Hes a great New Zealander that plays for Bradford in the UK.

I think p-eople are forgetting that when he left Canberra Vainikolo was a reserve grader. He's defence is terrible and against NRL defences he is easily contained.

In SL Vainikolo gets an easy run of it. The Poms dont produces any wingers at all and thats why the likes of Brett dallas can go over there and play for years and be made to look like stars.

As for the paul Brothers...henry could kick goals but that was about it. They were over hyped and, make no mistake...Robbie Pauls biggest fan is Robbie Paul.

They are on a good wicket over there. Paul does little and gets treated like a hero. Im not surprised he wants to keep away from playing in the best comp. He wouldnt handle it anyway.

Parra_Eels

Bench
well through our eyes ESL=retirement castle. what about when wigan offered gasnier 900,000 a season. its ridiculous

Latest posts