What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wazzzup - Tits version

shaggs

Coach
A win is a win. It looked greasy and we looked a little slower tonight than last Sunday. Neither team was able to build any pressure and capitalise on repeat sets or piggy back penalties.

1. Josh - defensively sound. No real football in a good spot. Had some good runs through the middle in the last 20 before injury.
2. Val - running from dummy half was great. Under the high ball, terrible.
3. Jesse - not great, not terrible. Did enough
4. Rick - I don’t know what to say here. I’m biased because I think e sucks
5. Edrick - under used. Not enough involvement in areas he is suited to. He tried to get involved but wasn’t a game for backlines
6. Matt - one minute I think he is nearly there. The next, he looks like he isn’t sure what to do.
7. Chad - our best player tonight. Kept it together and kicked the winners. Would have liked a few last tackle options again, but got there. Defensively excellent like last week
8. Andrew - got through a tonne of work, but not as explosive
9. Jayden - better than seggy.
10. Matt - did his job
11. Scott - I was wrong. Two weeks without plodding.
18. Luke - always around the ball and looks likely but a couple of errors.
13. Joseph - needs more early ball in a spot that he can use his skills. Not a hit up merchant like the 13s of this era

14. Jayson - he is so good this year. 15. James - we went backwards went he came on. Lost that control, but may have more to do with us having zero energy in the second half
16. Ava - meh
17. Kurt - limited minutes, limited impact, limited shelf life

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Would like to sneak a few more minutes of Ava on the field. They find it hard to stop the guy. Get him fitter.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Points i would like to make

Moylan - He is here to win the big matches, so at moment is doing enough for me, but he will need to step up in the big matches thats when he needs to play at his best
CT - Played well in defense, i want goall kicking taken away from him, frees up some pressure
Fifita - Played well not normal explosive self, think more due to amount of minutes in last couple of week, but great as captain.
Capewell - Is not coming up as good as thought
Sorensen - Could be close to being in our vest 17
Bukuya - Great to see him back
Dillon - Hasnt impressed, would like to see what uele can do with those minutes

Frenzy.

Immortal
Would like to sneak a few more minutes of Ava on the field. They find it hard to stop the guy. Get him fitter.

Well, the Titans did Ken. No other team has had trouble with him. Conditions suited him tonight. Plod weather.

Frenzy.

Immortal
A win is a win. It looked greasy and we looked a little slower tonight than last Sunday. Neither team was able to build any pressure and capitalise on repeat sets or piggy back penalties.

1. Josh - defensively sound. No real football in a good spot. Had some good runs through the middle in the last 20 before injury.
5. Edrick - under used. Not enough involvement in areas he is suited to. He tried to get involved but wasn’t a game for backlines
6. Matt - one minute I think he is nearly there. The next, he looks like he isn’t sure what to do.
7. Chad - our best player tonight. Kept it together and kicked the winners. Would have liked a few last tackle options again, but got there. Defensively excellent like last week
10. Matt - did his job
13. Joseph - needs more early ball in a spot that he can use his skills. Not a hit up merchant like the 13s of this era

14. Jayson - he is so good this year. 15. James - we went backwards went he came on. Lost that control, but may have more to do with us having zero energy in the second half
16. Ava - meh

Meow. I hate how he throws hospital passes to blokes so he doesnt get tackled. Saw this a couple of times again tonight. I hate his sooky little boy face too. Cunova player.

Frenzy.

Immortal

10. Matt - did his job

16. Ava - meh

Who?

sandshark

Bench
A few ratings.

Dugan- 7/10. Always does his job. Almost always safe out the back.

Lee- 7/10. Surprisingly safe. Nice try.

Ramien- 6/10. Always tries. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Holmes- 7/10. Nice effort.

Moylan- 6/10. Bad defensive. Not much attack.

Townsend- 7/10. Great defence, pulling off some great individual tackles. Some nice kicks.

What a slogfest.

wibble

Bench
Dugan: 7 - made some crucial tackles, and the line break that lead to our match winning field goal. One bad error, injured at the end. Hope he is ok
Lee: 7- another solid game. Less spectacular but less risky than other weeks.
Ramien: 6- Reasonable game. Another poor error but defended very well again
Leutele: 5- Was OK but dropped a difficult try and still struggles with options in attack. Another good defensive game
Holmes: 7- great runs out of our half, in a game when our forwards struggled. Looked dodgy under kicks but no harm done
Moylan: 5- some great touches but like other weeks more some individual moments and not enough working as part of the team
Townsend: 7- some poor short kicks, but rallied the troops well, got the match winning points, and kept the Titans away from our line with a good long kicking game
Fifita: 6- decent game, played sensibly as captain again, which is nice to see
Brailey: 7- is looking better in attack every week. Was targeted in defense but made a crucial try saving tackle on the line and probably made another but no evidence for the video referee to confirm he did...
Prior: 6- from Flanagan's description of his week in hospital with an infection, his late flight today straight from hospital to the game, and his quick trip back to meet his wife who is expecting any day now, he did well to play through the game. Solid in defense as always
Sorenson: 7- has started this second stint with the Sharks really well. Hope to see more of him. Hope his injury is ok
Capewell: 6- like most of our forwards, was fine, defensively good but limited in attack compared to the very good Titan's forwards
Paulo: 6- didn't get to create much, and is not a Gallen style work rate lock. But didn't let anyone down
Bakuya: 7- didn't play as long as you might expect with such a depleted side, but since he was just back from injury it was understandable. Had the most impact as a running forward of all our players. Good to see his solid return
Segeyaro: 7- was again fine when he came on, didn't turn the tide like other weeks, but helped control the game in the final stages
Seumanafagai: 6- probably his best runs with us from any game this year. Limited time but was fine
Dillon: 6- didn't get as much time but also didn't look as overwhelmed as previous games. He is young and in the toughest position in the toughest sport in the world. He might just make it.

Not a pretty win, but a win. Very young team out there compared to recent Sharks teams we are used to. Fifita at 28 and Townsend and Dugan at 27 about the most experienced out there. To show that composure at the end is pretty satisfying.

Much of the game we were clunky and ugly, but even our more experienced line ups have played like that this last 18 months

Frenzy.

Immortal
Duges - 7. Going to be huge loss if Lizzie Franks has got him. I dont think he got many opportunites in attack but it wasnt through lack of looking. He was always sniffing around. Defensive rock
Felix - 5. Yeah, yeah he wan weally, weally fast again in the last 20 minutes. Wasn’t spotted at all in the first 60 minutes other than to run away from Bombs.
Loots - 5. He’s solid but he had lost his mojo.
Noodle - 5. Crucial errors at crucial times. Saw very little good ball. Defensively sound again.
Cedric - 7. He’s repaying the faith and going at it hard. Easily our best in the 3/4s. Can’t help but think there’s a shocker coming though. Such is Cedric I suppose.
Moylan - 3. Myth. Gets in the way a lot. Runs shitty lines. Reminds me of Seggy when he had the ring-a-ring-a-roseys happening last year. Hate his hospital passes to blokes going nowhere.
Coif - 7. The little general played his general role really well. Had some errors and some poor kicks but touches the ball more than anyone else in the team.
Feefs - 7. He was OK. Good probably. Looked to have used his explosive energy up last week and appeared jaded. Understandable considering his minutes on park.
Brailey - 7. Seems to be shaking off the cobwebs and taking responsibility to try and make something happen.
Prior - 8. Massive effort for a sick guy. Brave.
Sorro - 7. This kid is immense. Huge workrate. Everything done at speed. Attracts defenders already. Seen as a genuine threat by opps.
Capewell - 6. Steady. He isnt inspiring me though.
Paulo - 6. Not suited be be playing a Gallen role. He’s being wasted.
Boogs - 8. Welcome back. Dont get hurt again.
Hitler’s missus - 6. Seemed to like the slightly heavier track. Brought the game back to his pace and he looked better than the first 7 weeks. Close to the line though he needs to run at the gates not the fence.
Soggy - 4. Executed the hand brake role well.
Dillon - 5. Blink and you’ll miss him. This is your plodder. He’ll get better I’m sure. Just doesn’t seem to fit in somehow. He does work but I suspect he has much more in him. Start him at lock. Boogs and Sorro till the injuries are sorted. Paulo back to the splinters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Boooks has to be lock next week. I like Paulo off the bench, but when all are fully fit, he probably does not fit top grade. Newtown will be stronger.

14. Bakuya (Gallen)
15. Sorenson (Lewis)
16. Prop (Ava, Uele, Dillion)
17. Segeayro

Paulo and Capewell behind now.

Dugan has proved best fit for fullback, he is an instinct player, but also a natural footy player, in another few games settled at the back, I expect him to know who and when to follow up the middle.

Moylan needs to fit in a lot better.

I would really love to see Feki play right centre for Newtown.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Boooks has to be lock next week. I like Paulo off the bench, but when all are fully fit, he probably does not fit top grade. Newtown will be stronger.

14. Bakuya (Gallen)
15. Sorenson (Lewis)
16. Prop (Ava, Uele, Dillion)
17. Segeayro

Paulo and Capewell behind now.

Dugan has proved best fit for fullback, he is an instinct player, but also a natural footy player, in another few games settled at the back, I expect him to know who and when to follow up the middle.

Moylan needs to fit in a lot better.

I would really love to see Feki play right centre for Newtown.

Duges wont be playing anywhere. He got broken.

That bench is as good as any when all are fit.