What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst decision youll see all year

Willow

Assistant Moderator
29 min: TRY - Roosters. Finch claims a try out wide after leaping after a Fittler kick. He is awarded the try despite obvious replay evidence that he placed it on the dead ball line.
A shocking decison - video ref Mick Stone must now be in the firing line because there is no way that the try should have been awarded. Conversion Fitzgibbons unsuccessful. Dragons 18-8

From League Unlimited Live update

imported_Docker

Juniors
Pretty sure he dropped it onto the deadball line. So dozy Mick Stone with the benefit of untold replays gota try out of it for the Vultures.

About the only thing Finch got right was that he was onside. Oh that and his bosses seem to have bought the video ref.

L

legend

Congrats to Saints on a great win. I thought they were gone in the last twenty but they held on despite another very strange call. Hayne awarded the Roosters a penalty because Donnelly was standing near the play the ball area while Saints had the ball.

Seems like I might have to eat some humble pie.
emembarrassed.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"...another very strange call. Hayne awarded the Roosters a penalty because Donnelly was standing near the play the ball area while Saints had the ball."

Good word, 'strange'
Yep, that was a strange decision from the ref. What wasMr Hayne thinking?

imported_weasel

Juniors
Yeah first I thought there could have been a Byrne knock-on, then I thought there could have been a Finch knock-on, then I thought Finch placed the ball on the deadball line. The video ref had a lot of confidence to give the benefit of the doubt three times over, but hey we won! It was a great game and both teams defended great in the second half. Roosters were starting to look the better side but they couldn't get past us.

imported_Docker

Juniors
Another one on the same night. This time in the Kick"n"clap at Carisbrook. Guy gets up from one of those maul thingies shaking his head and is awarded a try by the vid ref.. Video replay suggested that he lost control of the ball.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The NRL site doesnt see much wrong with the decision:

Brett Finch was controversially awarded a try by video referee Mick Stone six minutes later after Dragons winger Hassan Saleh found a Fittler kick too hot to handle.
While the halfback appeared to touch the sideline with his elbow as he scored in the far right corner of the in-goal on video evidence, it was good enough for Stone as the Roosters reduced the deficit to 18-8.

Obviously watching a different game to what I saw. The elbow was in the grandstand and the ball was dropped before hitting the line.
Question remains, what was the the touch judge smoking?

2003_07_25finch.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey, there are more than a few threads discussing this.
Thats it.... I'm gunning for you Moffo... next time you see the shadow in the side alley way... or a rustle behind a bush, have a close look. It may just be your worst nightmare. :)