What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Touch Judge Ever

DJShaksta

First Grade
320192-jeff-younis.jpg

Still can't get over that.

Haffa

touch_judges_1.jpg

This one was a shocker, but the one yesterday was worse.

I rest my case. Ceccin was so bad as a touchie they made him a ref. He was on the field with his flag raised so often they gave him a whistle to speed games up.

kdalymc

Bench
Anyone arguing there has been a worse mishap then the OP is kidding them self...

Also wat the actual f is the use of the red line?

Frailty

First Grade
Anyone arguing there has been a worse mishap then the OP is kidding them self...

Also wat the actual f is the use of the red line?

All media, ground personnel, and football staff need to be behind the red line.

no name

Coach
I thought it was the person playing the ball who could put a foot out after tackle being called held????
Either way its a shit rule, if you're out you're out.

GAZF

First Grade
I thought it was the person playing the ball who could put a foot out after tackle being called held????
Either way its a shit rule, if you're out you're out.

If you're tackled in a way that you can only stand up (to play the ball) by moving into touch, what do you do? That's the reason for the rule. Shouldn't be the case for the dummy half.

***MH***

Bench
If you're tackled in a way that you can only stand up (to play the ball) by moving into touch, what do you do? That's the reason for the rule. Shouldn't be the case for the dummy half.
Section 9, Law 1.
Ball in touch

1. The ball is in touch when it or a player in contact
with it touches the touch line or the ground beyond
the touch line or any object on or outside the touch
line except when a player, tackled in the field of play,
steps into touch as he regains his feet in which case
he shall play-the-ball in the field of play.

The law applies to the player playing the ball and not to the receiver at hooker/acting half. So Cecchin is wrong.

Danish

Referee
There was a game, knights vs raiders in Newcastle. 2006 I believe.

It included an absolute gridiron pass for a try by the knights, went like literally 8m forward but was let go and they scored.

found the match day thread: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=141608

Clearly Skeepe hadn't found the forums in 2006 as I was expecting a mega meltdown from him in there :lol:

anyway, that was the worst touchie call I've ever seen

forward pass

Coach
I am sure that touchie the other day felt that the player was off the ground when he punched it back in - but had a brain freeze and forgot about the steps he took to get there !!

Latest posts