What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The You Tube Favorite Music Thread

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
For all those that have vinyls of their favourite bands from the 60's & 70's this documentary certainly is an eye opener re who played the music behind the singers.
Session / studio bands were the real force behind the sound and their improvisation was incredible.
If you've got a spare couple of hours I recommend it and some great cameos in it.

Great post, OT.
As a Beach Boys purest fan, I've seen the in depth making of Pet Sounds and alike from Brian Wilson and is a real eye opener.
Carol Kaye was the bands session bass guitarist and played for many a band in the studio.
There were about 14 versions of Good Vibrations made before the final release. I have a number of them.

Thanks for posting this very informative link.
More to come................

Old Timer

Coach
Great post, OT.
As a Beach Boys purest fan, I've seen the in depth making of Pet Sounds and alike from Brian Wilson and is a real eye opener.
Carol Kaye was the bands session bass guitarist and played for many a band in the studio.
There were about 14 versions of Good Vibrations made before the final release. I have a number of them.

Thanks for posting this very informative link.
More to come................
Great thread OKB,
Carol Kaye simply fantastic and at one stage she was earning more than the president of the USA.
LOL about the Monkees never playing on their own records and seeing Glenn Campbell in the studio as a guitar player in a session band.
We have recently moved out to the Hawkesbury area and in Richmond is a record shop with a great range of vinyls new & old.
Luckily I have a good quality turntable so it is nice to give them a run.
Mrs OT is a devoted Beach Boy fan and we went to see Brian Wilson last time he was here and we had a great night of it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And on a slightly more serious note, this song by linkin Park should have been a massive red flag about Chester’s mental health..

A great song and I love the clip.. could watch it over and over again.. but the lyrics and images were a massive cry for help..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I play this every Friday in the office.

My coworkers f**king hate it.
I like your style..

I recommend playing it on the occasional Thursday, especially around 3pm..

The watch the smile that “it’s the weekend” turn into a frown when they realise they still have another day of work left..

Latest posts