What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Then and Now - Sterling v Cronk

Sterlo or Cronk?

• Sterlo

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Cronk

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sterlo would have had too much integrity to get mixed up in the Storm tactics. He would probably have been man enough to confront Belly and say "hey man that is outside the spirit of the game. I don't need another boat and I don't want to give that guy a leg lock."

Sterlo won a clive churchill medal in a tryless grand final

Vee

First Grade
I can accept Sterlo over Cronk.

I wonder what happens if we change the story to Stero v Thurston.

Vee

First Grade
. . . or Sterlo v Mortimer
Sterlo, but it's close.

Geez, it's close. Brings a bit of context to the Next Immortal argument when neither can really be sure they were the best even of their generation.

Incorrect

Coach
Sterlo, but it's close.

Geez, it's close. Brings a bit of context to the Next Immortal argument when neither can really be sure they were the best even of their generation.
Sterlo's promotion to Immortal status, if it ever happens, and it looks like it won't, would be based not only on his on field career but what he has brought to the game in his retirement in analysis and commentary, not to mention his insightful interviews in recent years on his pay TV show... In a sea packed with floating morons and outright turds that is rugby league media coverage, Sterlo is the life raft of eloquence and common sense...

Reactions: Vee

POPEYE

Coach
Sterlo, but it's close.

Mortimer: 4 premierships, many more tries than Sterlo, went on a Kangaroo tour as part of a leading halves pairing with Lewis only to be inexplicably overlooked for Sterlo/Kenny in the first test which set the tone for the 1982 Invincibles . . . which wouldn't have changed no matter which halves pairing was used

Mortimer too every bit as influencial a playmaker for his club as Sterlo, the best one-on-one tackler in the game because no-one got passed him, speed to burn and widely acclaimed as the man responsible for putting heart into NSW Origin . . . and at the time I was a one-eyed Parra supporter

. . . all a matter of horses for courses, in the eye of the beholder and most of all who at the time makes the better headlines

Frankus

Juniors
Meh. My jimmies aren't rustled. I just think Sterlo was a better player. As for 'different perspective' the same types of argument from north/south of the border apply when it comes to Lockyer vs. Johns.
No it doesn't. I'm a Queenslander (still crying) and can say without flinching that Lockyer was an elite level/legendary player. But Johns was on an entirely different level.

Life's Good

Coach
No it doesn't. I'm a Queenslander (still crying) and can say without flinching that Lockyer was an elite level/legendary player. But Johns was on an entirely different level.
One loss and the tears flowing already?? Try being a Blue after all these years!

Pedge1971

First Grade
I'm not 90 years old and didnt see him play so can't comment on his playing ability. Does he have any highlights on youtube?

Yep. Young dumb full of cum. Sterlo best I have seen and I am a Knights supporter...........

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Snooker and Billiards . . . not the same game, different rules, 17v17 not 13v13, different haircuts

I agree. Totally different sports, you just cannot compare. Watch an old 80s game, particularly early 80s, Completely unstructured, basically pub footy compared to today.

Latest posts