What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is still hope!

eelman03

Juniors
SCOTT PRINCE and Casey McGuire are set to play in the halves for Brisbane against St George Illawarra tomorrow night, with Shaun Berrigan still in hospital today and Ben Ikin ruled out with a thigh injury.

Coach Wayne Bennett refused to rule Berrigan out of the game, but with the Origin halfback on an intravenous drip for a bad leg infection it's doubtful he will play.

Ikin was ruled out today with McGuire named as his replacement at five-eighth.

Brisbane have also lost Test centre Brent Tate (neck) with Michael De Vere and Tonie Carroll being reunited in the midfield.

Prince, who'll join the Wests Tigers next season, declared his torn hamstring 100 per cent today after again running ay halfback.

The Dragons have been decimated by injury, with halfback and playmaker Brett Firman (shoulder) winger Nathan Blacklock (knee), centre Mark Gasnier (thigh) and Origin stars Jason Ryles (shoulder) and Trent Barrett (ankle) all on the club's injured list.

Eelectrica

Referee
I think Prince and McGuire are an upgrade to their prefered halves.
Although Prince is an injury waiting to happen.

The only tiny ray of hope I'm allowing myself is a couple of years ago the Dragons took an injury ravaged team to New Zealand and Won. One key difference though is that the Broncos know if they win they're in.

Parraren

Bench
Eelectrica said:
I think Prince and McGuire are an upgrade to their prefered halves.

I agree 100%. No loss there really. The game will be one & lost in the forwards anyway and I expect Webcke & Co to run all over the pitiful Dragons unfortunately :cry:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parraren said:
they really are dropping like flies then...

I think Webb won't be at the Broncos for too much longer??.....Bennet said it was his form but??........i think he's been one of there better players of late!!

There is still hope until about 5pm on Sunday arvo in front of another ground record crowd. Fitzgerald would be hating this, Penrith in front on the ladder, crowd figures, and just about everything else. I'll be out there this week and hopefully a few Parra fans get in my way when I am driving home to the Central Coast. :evil: