What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those new buys of yours

Eelementary

Post Whore
simon says said:
Yeah,he should have got it,best player by a mile in that game.Loved that try at the end when the heavens opened up and he ran 80 metres to score.....

Dude, Hodgson hastalent. That will never go away.

But he will NEVER get back to his 2001-2002 form. He's just been scarred or something.

Plus he lacks something. In kicks, his positional play is great and he cleans them up on the full. But his tackling on strong players is poor and his hit-ups lack venom.

I would love to see him get back to his best (although part of me HATES him, because of all the opportunities he got to play with us last year, he played terribly and with no heart and then has the guts to ask for a large contract). I definitely think he is a much better fullback than Minichiello. He has better hands, better supporting play, better broken play game. Although I have noticed - in the tougher games for your guys, he doesn't step up to take a more senior role. I noticed that aginst Penrith, instead of supporting the ball carrier, he was playing a lot of dummy half.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Schifcofske is still getting better and Hodgson is sliding we needed to see that and plus I'm pissed because he was my favourite Eel.

Goleel

Juniors
Great Brett Hodgson defense example one: That try Swain scored last week where Hodgo had an angle to stop the guy (who was already dragging two players with him), despite him not being able to go anywhere but forward, Hodgo overruns him, puts out a limp arm to be swatted away, and try. If he takes the man on and gets under the ball, held up.

For a better example watch Parra/Newcastle at Newcastle last year, it was a cracker first half for Hodgo, he was run over, around and through many a time.

Pazza

First Grade
Cannings, Stapleton and Grothe would be definate starters at the Tigers.

eelsta

Bench
simon says said:
I watch him every game and he is a gun.He saves tries and is gutsy.

Maybe he just didnt want to tackle for the eels.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
absolutely hogdson is a champ, i know he had a bad year last year but overall he was great and still is, good luck yo him and the tigers ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Pazza

First Grade
i must admit that i thought that Craig Stapleton would be on the PL bench this season. How wrong was i :lol: