What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston found not guilty

As great of a player that he is , it isnt as big a loss as it might seem.

Cronk will come in and not much will be lost. Infact with the combinations he has with slater & smith it may even help QLD a little.

beave

Coach
It would be exactly the same if it happened with A Johns and the NSW media/public reaction to it lads, don't think otherwise. In all seriousness, do you think Thurston should have been charged over this?? Because I honestly thought it was a nothing incident (along with the McCrone suspension) and the judiciary's over reaction to this sort of thing is rubbish.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Prepares tin foil for hat making.

:lol::lol: Exactly, the entire universe is against Queensland!!

He won't miss game 3-Qld in Qld will get everything go their way and that obviously includes having their best player there

hellteam

First Grade
The age old 'nearly suspend someone' tactic from the NRL. Happens every year in Origin. Last year was Hayne.

Charge someone, get heaps of publicity about it and the game. Then let them off. All good!

Big Pete

Referee
Didn't Carney and Thaiday do something similar without being charged? Bit of a rort to target JT if that's the case.

Mig2006

Juniors
Surely the precedent has been set - the sponsor's sign that tripped the touchie last week got off without even a warning.....

Mig2006

Juniors
He was chasing down a Warriors player who made a break and ran into the ref - both went tumbling.....

Joke of a charge.

beave

Coach
He made contact with Cecchin (I think) but watching the replay this morning, I honestly didn't think it was that bad, he (the ref) was laughing about it. If Thurston did something that was worthy of 2 weeks, you wouldn't hear a bleat out of me, he has gotten off lightly in the past for some things he probably should have done some time for, I hope this isn't a get square of sorts. I don't play into the conspiracy theory too much with this, but I just don't think it is worth a 2 game ban for what he did.

beave

Coach
What do you honestly expect though Ang?????

Even you have to see that this charge is ridiculously over the top.

Big Pete

Referee
Thurston will get off and the NSWRL will come out and say 'we told you everybody gets off for Origin' even though JT should never of been charged to begin with.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah fair call....I would be filthy if it was Gallen.

Seems very silly.

That said, I keep hearing how NSW cheat all the time, when I point "you guys won the last 5 years where was the cheating then?".

Anyways....lol@angryQLDers

Uber

Juniors
The footage is actually worst then I expected.

Thurston had no chance of tackling the player, he was looking directly at the referee, he didn't have to do it.

Josh Ailaomai got 8 weeks for much less contact, but that wasn't a similar circumstance.

I hope he gets off though, we won't hear the end of it otherwise and QLDers with use it as an excuse as to why they lost the 2011 SOO series.

Latest posts