What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston found not guilty

Goddo

Bench
let him play- don't want the Queenslanders blaming a series loss on not having him there.

How did Thurston run into the ref at all? Kinda strange.... like he was going for some sort of obstruction

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
dont think there's much in the incident and i really doubt thurston with all his experience is deliberately going to tyr and knock a ref over for laughs

of course if a blues player did it there wouldnt be a charge......

how many refs have been knocked over thsi year? 3? seems like they seem to be getting in the way more this year

Hutty1986

Immortal
dont think there's much in the incident and i really doubt thurston with all his experience is deliberately going to tyr and knock a ref over for laughs

of course if a blues player did it there wouldnt be a charge......

how many refs have been knocked over thsi year? 3? seems like they seem to be getting in the way more this year

:lol::lol::lol: Of course not. Everyone's coming to get you!

NrlCoach

Juniors
cp6903_its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Eelectrica

Referee
The footage is actually worst then I expected.

Thurston had no chance of tackling the player, he was looking directly at the referee, he didn't have to do it.

Josh Ailaomai got 8 weeks for much less contact, but that wasn't a similar circumstance.

I hope he gets off though, we won't hear the end of it otherwise and QLDers with use it as an excuse as to why they lost the 2011 SOO series.
Better work on getting Cronk suspended then. Haven't lost anything yet.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Johnathan 'protected species' Thurston will get off. The only merkin who can call a ref a merkin and not get a 3 week stint for it (1 week after Johns did, no less).

hellteam

First Grade
Just saw it for the first time. Surely he can't get suspended for that.

Although the charge will generate a lot of publicity for the Origin, which is most likely what it's all about. Should be right.

Paullyboy

Coach
I love it how the NSW fans are alreay spin-doctoring this in their favour. You can bet your bottom dollar that if it wasn't a high profile QLD player, he wouldn't have to worry about it to start with.

Let's not kid ourselves, the NRL want NSW to win this series, if you don't believe that you are absolutely kidding yourself. I'm not saying they will go out of their way to influence the result, but they are all silently wishing against all wish that NSW win.

Eelectrica

Referee
Hope NSW suspends him. We lose nothing with Cronk taking over exept maybe the complacency that's shrouded this QLD team throughout the series.

Dazzat

First Grade
The footage is actually worst then I expected.

Thurston had no chance of tackling the player, he was looking directly at the referee, he didn't have to do it.

Yes ... obviously premeditated as well. Thurston went into the game with the intention of running into some referee at some point in the game simply because he can ... and he doesn't like referees. :roll:

NSW to work their magic with the judiciary, Cronk to come in for Thurston with Prince or Matt Bowen on the bench.

andrew057

First Grade
yes ... Obviously premeditated as well. Thurston went into the game with the intention of running into some referee at some point in the game simply because he can ... And he doesn't like referees. :roll:

Nsw to work their magic with the judiciary, cronk to come in for thurston with prince or matt bowen on the bench.

gtfoh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Big Pete

Referee
If Thurston is suspended, Barba for mine can come onto the bench to play the wild card role off the bench.

:lol: Prince, easily the most overated player of the past two years.

RHCP

Bench
He hasn't even been found guilty yet and already you Queenslanders are getting your pitchforks ready. Perhaps it's all a ploy by the Maroons to get him next weeks game off so he's fresh for Origin III?

He won't miss Origin over that, and I wouldn't want him to. Queensland don't lose anything with Cooper Cronk in the 7 and potentially somebody with oodles of impact and spark like Bowen or Barba, but it wouldn't be the same beating an understrength Queensland side.

Uber

Juniors
Yes ... obviously premeditated as well. Thurston went into the game with the intention of running into some referee at some point in the game simply because he can ... and he doesn't like referees. :roll:

NSW to work their magic with the judiciary, Cronk to come in for Thurston with Prince or Matt Bowen on the bench.

Yep, that's exactly what I was eluding to, thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Thurston will play, no doubt about it.
I want him to play too, I want to see us beat a near full strength Queensland team.

Latest posts