What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston injured

MKCS

Juniors
I should have been a bit clearer on weak. Forwards we are fine with hooker being up in the air but I can live with Farah based on his origin form.

Maloney will hold his own but he can't do it all and I am just not a fan of Origin Pearce. Club Pearce I think is good though.
As for Hayne, as good as he was that series was 3 years ago. Not doubting his athleticism but he is not even dominating at the Titans.

I think Hayne will lift for Origin, had a good game for the Titans last week and has another couple of rounds to prove himself. As a NSW fan I hope we get the sizzling form from 2014.

Life's Good

Coach
I think Hayne will lift for Origin, had a good game for the Titans last week and has another couple of rounds to prove himself. As a NSW fan I hope we get the sizzling form from 2014.
Me too. Like plenty NSW fans just sick of being served a sh*t sandwich when it comes to selections so just hoping that changes. And no Dragons get selected or if they do, injured.

wibble

Bench
Qld will probably throw a jersey to Alfie! Have to think it will be Morgan/Cronk with Milford/DCE just behind them unless they go left field & play Boyd @ 6 with Slater @ 1.

Either way NSW are still weak in comparison.

Slater at 5/8 and Boyd at fullback?

butchmcdick

Immortal
I should have been a bit clearer on weak. Forwards we are fine with hooker being up in the air but I can live with Farah based on his origin form.

Maloney will hold his own but he can't do it all and I am just not a fan of Origin Pearce. Club Pearce I think is good though.
As for Hayne, as good as he was that series was 3 years ago. Not doubting his athleticism but he is not even dominating at the Titans.

Hey now I saw a video where Hayne declared he was going to " tear this motherf**king roof off like two dogs caged "

The man is primed

POPEYE

Coach
Me too. Like plenty NSW fans just sick of being served a sh*t sandwich when it comes to selections so just hoping that changes. And no Dragons get selected or if they do, injured.
You're a better man than me, I gave up supporting NSW 20 years ago because I couldn't stand shit sandwiches

POPEYE

Coach
It's all about opinion ol' mate, my opinions of who should have been or should not have been selected for NSW were at odds with selectors for many years before I jumped ship. On the other hand Qld, probably helped by having less to choose from, always stuck with form as a guide . . . not politics

Of course I'm a follower of RL as a game which helps, I don't owe my allegiance to anyone, don't give a f**k who I upset in the process. My entire family follow NSW, even those that live in Qld, so explaining to you why I don't is just a courtesy . . . a piss in the ocean if you like

POPEYE

Coach
Translation: popeye supports the team that's winning ole mate.
If I only support a team that's winning I'd have stuck with NSW when they were winning more than Qld and if I supported Melbourne because they are the winningest team in NRL history I would've waited to buy a jersey instead of before they played their first game

Then again, the only team I don't want to win their share of cups is the Dogs and if NSW revolved their team around the third best Half on the planet, Maloney, I might consider revisiting

Good to see you out of rehab after the Raiders poked their heads up

Lebbo73

Bench

Please pick Farah and Pearce. For the love of everything Maroon, please pick Farah!

wibble

Bench
Except tackling and giving away penalties. World class apart from those issues.

Stat wise those are weaknesses in his game but...

For an 83 kg guy, he does everything we want in defense. His side is not our weak side in defense (I know he has a lot of missed tackles, but they rarely lead to line breaks or tries).

The head high tackles in the last few weeks are no good, but generally his penalties are perfectly deliberate (not that he wants to give away the penalty, but he takes a calculated risk to slow the play, and sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't).

wibble

Bench
Get Ash Taylor in there. He's gonna take over from cronk next year anyway

It still seems too early for him, he makes some rookie errors still. But he has so much potential, and QLD will almost certainly do a better job of protecting him both in and out of the game, and QLD fans will protect him too, compared to NSW treatment of Mullen early in his career.

He would probably smash it, he has such great skill. But I'd worry he'd be embarrassed and set back years in his development.

Latest posts