What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket prices during SOO period

skot

Juniors
I am wondering whether your club offers discounted tickets for games during the SOO period especially if your gun players are sidelined and not allowed to play in a fixture before a SOO match.
I don't get much of a chance to make it to the games here in Brisbane but thought I might be able to lob into Suncorp to see tonight's game against the Tigers. Together with Farrah & Woods being out for the Tigers, that is a total of 8 top line players missing.
8 /34 is just under a quarter of the usual team not allowed to play.
Should we be paying full price for a less than "best strength possible" game. I understand that teams can be understrength due to injuries but that is beyond any persons control.

Do Sydney clubs offer good price tickets for this period ?

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Plus Tigers are missing Tedesco who could've sneaked in at fullback for NSW if fit

Ticket pricing needs an overhaul in general, why devalue a product just because a few players are missing. It will still be an NRL quality contest. If you're gonna cheapen tickets around this time may aswell make it the rest of the season aswell, it's not like the NRL are struggling for cash

McLovin

Staff member
Don't know about clubs but Telstra sent me some 2 for 1 ticket offer the other day..

Evenflow

Bench
I'd have thought the 2 for 1 and free tickets would only apply to the Sydney public given their general apathy for the game up there when it actually comes to being at the ground watching as opposed to sitting it on the couch viewing. Brisbane just doesn't have that issue, there's never enough tickets for those games.

Card Shark

Immortal
1 game every 2 weeks compared to 4 games every week.

Stop trying to compare something that is incomparable.

Pommy

Coach
I am wondering whether your club offers discounted tickets for games during the SOO period especially if your gun players are sidelined and not allowed to play in a fixture before a SOO match.
I don't get much of a chance to make it to the games here in Brisbane but thought I might be able to lob into Suncorp to see tonight's game against the Tigers. Together with Farrah & Woods being out for the Tigers, that is a total of 8 top line players missing.
8 /34 is just under a quarter of the usual team not allowed to play.
Should we be paying full price for a less than "best strength possible" game. I understand that teams can be understrength due to injuries but that is beyond any persons control.

Do Sydney clubs offer good price tickets for this period ?

Tickets are dirt cheap anyway and the best teams possible are playing.

skot

Juniors
Suncorp prices range from $28 - $93 for an Adult

What are the prices for a club game in Sydney?

skot

Juniors
Just looked at ANZ Stadium prices for Bulldogs v Sharks on 6th June
$10.20 general admission up to $30.58 for Category 1 Reserved

$10.20 Sydney vs $38.00 Brisbane for cheapest seats
$30.58 Sydney vs $93.00 Brisbane for Best Seats

Anyone who thinks that tickets are dirt cheap must be living in NSW

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Yep, frequently in NSW there are family of four tickets for $20.

We get a "shop a docket" deal for our Thursday night game v the raiders, 2 tickets in Blue category for $50.... Haha.

Suncorp charge fairly crazy hire fees, Broncos need a crowd of at least 25k to break even.

McLovin

Staff member
Family of 4 tickets for $20?

You'd be doing well to get GA into any ground for $20...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The Raiders are offering cheap family tickets this weekend but I think that might be for Ricky's autism foundation.

Pommy

Coach

Or used to paying for EPL tickets :lol:;-);-)

skot

Juniors
Yes, I do understand that European Soccer matches can be expensive, but do they vary greatly in price between different areas within the same competition?

GongPanther

Referee
I heard in Qld,there is a "shag-a-cuzz-and-get-free-tix-for-the-rest-of-the-family" offer.

Thats is how they fill their stadiums?

Pommy

Coach
Yes, I do understand that European Soccer matches can be expensive, but do they vary greatly in price between different areas within the same competition?

It tends to depend on city and opposition. But they're never as cheap as NRL tickets, I would occasionally watch my home town play in the 5th tier and it would cost me around $26. A premier league ticket i would say is a minimum of $50 with $100 being closer to the standard. That with wages being much lower than they are here as well.