What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tickets

Micistm

Bench
It's great to see League games as sellouts in New Zealand, but it really ****s you off when parasitic scalpers are screwing fans by buying a ton of tickets then trade-meing them. Don't know how you stop it though, there's a limit on them already but there's obviously ways around that. I'm like Oz, and would go to a pub or have a few around to watch at home before I'd line some arseholes pockets with profit. And it would be great if other follow suit, and leave them forced to sell at face value or thereabouts or be stuck with a pile of worthless paper

shiznit

Coach
Scalpers are arseholes. you gotta really feel for the hardcore fans that get ripped off. they key to stopping scalpers is for the govt to pass laws to stop it. or for trademe to stop them.

Fierise

Juniors
shiznit said:
Scalpers are arseholes. you gotta really feel for the hardcore fans that get ripped off. they key to stopping scalpers is for the govt to pass laws to stop it. or for trademe to stop them.
As we all saw yesterday, Trade Me wont do anything about it, because in their terms and conditions, it says they're allowed to do that apparently.

But I do agree with the scalpers being arseholes.

However, I also feel sorry for the people who have bought tickets on Trade Me. They wont be given admission (I assume only if the admissions gates know which ones have been bought off Trade Me).

Hatzy

Juniors
Fierise said:
However, I also feel sorry for the people who have bought tickets on Trade Me. They wont be given admission (I assume only if the admissions gates know which ones have been bought off Trade Me).

The admission gates have no idea which ones come off TradeMe mate...

Thats how scalpers get away with it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The club have said that they will ban tickets with Bay and Row numbers or something similar

Stupid thing to say really, because now the sellers just wont bother listing those details

hitman82

Bench
Not really, because if they can't sell them this time round, the scalpers (in theory) won't bother next time. No point buying tickets to flogg off for a profit if you can't sell them at all.
Hopefully trademe purchasers will be aware of this. Imagine paying $200 for a ticket and not being let in.

Fierise

Juniors
Hatzy said:

Which is why I said 'assuming'. I never said it was a definite. :)

Plus BH is right.... some sellers on Trade Me have listed the Bay and Row numbers and if someone was forced to go through all the Trade Me auctions, then there could be a list of tickets for game day. Although that'd be very time consuming to check 'em all against a list.

I hope the people get in this time round. Especially if they had to pay high prices for their tickets cos of greedy scalpers. So good luck to them all for tomorrow.

JoeD

First Grade
They wont be given admission (I assume only if the admissions gates know which ones have been bought off Trade Me).
Very hard to prove. What would happen if they made a mistake and barred a legit punter? I've never heard of someone ever being not allowed in in a situation like this.

ozbash

Referee
Hatzy said:

not even mate.
The ticket stub has a bar code on it which the patron pushes into a scanner and it opens the gate for you.

All the warriors have to do is enter the seat ID into the main computer and the "SORRY" sign will appear when the barcode is scanned.

most, if not all of those t/me ads have the seat ID. except maybe the temp north stand seats.

I heard on Newstalk ZB the host at the time (i forget who) was saying that Scalpers are just Entrepreneurs taking an opportunity to make some money. What an ass he is for saying that. These guys arent Business Minded, theyre just plain Greedy and as Peter Leicht (the madest butcher in town) said "They are a bunch of MONGRELS"

I totally agree...

On the other side of the coin, Aucklanders have been famously known to only goto games where teams win. Earlier in the season especially with the 6 loses in a row. Where were these heart broken fans back then? I guess things eventually even out

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
ozbash said:
not even mate.
The ticket stub has a bar code on it which the patron pushes into a scanner and it opens the gate for you.

All the warriors have to do is enter the seat ID into the main computer and the "SORRY" sign will appear when the barcode is scanned.

most, if not all of those t/me ads have the seat ID. except maybe the temp north stand seats.

simply - buy tickets which dont have seat number or full foto of the tickets. Oh and pay cash upon pickup.

Had extra tickets thought about selling them on trademe. lol.
U can call those people scalpers etc - but have of them would be legit people.
When there was a big rush for tickets?? people grabbed as much as they could.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
mean_maori_mean said:
U can call those people scalpers etc - but have of them would be legit people.
When there was a big rush for tickets?? people grabbed as much as they could.

So?

Tickets were on sale less than seven days before the event. It's pretty hard to get into the usual Trade Me story, 'i want to go but i have a wedding/business trip/etc'.

ozbash

Referee
people grabbed as much as they could.

yea, but why ?

surely you,d buy what you need and then hope that some other fan gets a go.

I dont think these scalpers are 'fans' . One guy was selling 16 tix. how many bods missed out because of that prick ?

come on doc.....

Skram

Juniors
ozbash said:
One guy was selling 16 tix. how many bods missed out because of that prick ?

My guess is 16. But I agree, scalpers like that are bastards, I like the idea of not letting the scalped tickets in, dissuades the scalpers if they know their tickets are worthless in the future.

MKEB...

Staff member
If you really wanted a ticket bad and tickets were sold out, you really wanted them and that is what you would pay for a ticket, would you buy them off of a scalper.
Don't get me wrong, I abhor scalpers as much as I hate the bastards that harass a player for multiple autographs and flip them off on trade me.

But should you be punished twice by paying umpteen times as much as you would ordinarily pay for a ticket, and then getting booted at the gate.

Fu*k I hate the scalper pricks.

shiznit

Coach
doesnt fairfax media now own trademe?? the warriors should go straight to them. offer some of there newspapers afew exclusive interviews with the players in the buildup if they make sure trademe dont sell them. the you can force the f*ckers onto the street where you can catch them.