What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers to make offer for Priddis?

Tigerpete

Juniors
This Priddis rumour does have its attractions but hooker is not a position we are struggling in. I cant see us looking at hooker options until our front row depth is strong enough and we strengthen our backline. those areas need to be looked at first.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Hooker is where we have our most depth!!!

That is clear to blind Freddy - we need props & dynamic back-rowers before anything else!

tigger

Juniors
I agree with all the negative comments in relation to this thread. If it did turn out to be true, i can only see negatives. If Wests want to buy players rather than blood their PL players, they need to spend it on props like O'Meley or Josh Perry, a second rower like Nathan Hindmarsh & a Winger like Eric Grothe Jnr. Buying someone like Priddis is another band aid solution, and even worse, it is a position that does not require a bandaid in the first place! Buying seasoned players (Wests strategy it appears) like Priddis does not fix the on going problem of a 'continuous' team. If you look at St George, most of their players are around 23-24 and they therefore have at least 5 years with a core of the players they want to keep. An even better example is Arsenal in the EPL, whose players are pretty much all under 25 (except Bergkamp 31?, Viera is 26 & Pires 28 ), all of the players on their hit list a up and comers that are under 22. The biggest problem for Wests is attracting these up and comers to play for a team that i would describe as uncertain, who knows if they will be here in two years? Where will they be playing in two years?Who will their sponsor be? Which players currently playing for them will be there in two years? Not the kind of questions you want coming up when you are talking to a 21 year old and his manager about moving from QLD or a successful club in NSW.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Allthough I really think we need some actual high class NRL standard players, Priddis is not needed as we have the hooker position covered quite well. Spend the money elsewhere!

uuem

Juniors
Wilson strikes again !
Good 1 Wilson next time use another club if your trying to fill the gaps in your section or maybe do some reseach instead of listening to what you hear in your local wine bar .