What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Under Police Investigation?

I got this article from AAP:

----------
Monday, 5 April 2004:

More claims of misconduct by footballers have emerged with police now investigating claims a 22-year-old woman was trapped in a NSW motel room by a number of rugby league players.

Goulburn detectives are examining claims by the woman that she was detained in a room at a motel after a pre-season match in the southern NSW town in February 2001.

Police said they were in the early stages of their inquiries and were still working to determine whether the incident took place.

The woman is understood to have told police the incident involved players from the Wests Tigers team, who were defeated by the Canberra Raiders 22-18 in a pre-season match at Goulburn Workers arena that weekend.

Wests Tigers football manager Steve Lavers recalled the weekend the team travelled to Goulburn, but said he knew nothing about the alleged incident.

"We would obviously view it seriously if it was proven there was a situation," he said.

"But without having any more detail I wouldn't want to comment any more than that."

Lavers said the club would need a formal complaint before it would act on any allegations.

There had been a huge turnover of players in the last three years and it might be beyond the power of the club to penalise players no longer with the NRL side if necessary, he said.

The woman reportedly told police she had consensual sex with one Tigers player in a lane behind a nightclub then went with him to a motel room.

When she entered the darkened room, she heard noises and saw three other players in "various stages of undress," Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper said.

She said she was held down on the bed and her mouth was covered to stop her from screaming.

The players then released the woman. No (no) sexual assault took place.

The new allegations come in the wake of publicity over an alleged gang rape by six Bulldogs team members at a Coffs Harbour hotel on February 22.

Brought to you by
© 2004 AAP
----------

The lane behind the nightclub hey.....what class! :lol:

ibeme

First Grade
It might have not been anything other than tomfoolery, with no malice intentions

tigergal

Juniors
im hoping this is just an attention seeking lady in the wake of all the other claims and attention they got... really hoping...

holla4amarshall

Juniors
there are currently 3 players from that team with tigers now so i doubt they are still with the club even if it did happen but they never did anything anyway coverd her mouth?? quick send them to jail

gaterooze

Bench
Yeah, the papers are stretching for material now. Sounds like a silly prank, but NOTHING HAPPENED. But that won't matter to people who just see the headlines and then assume some Tigers gang-raped a woman.

SP

Bench
tigergal said:
im hoping this is just an attention seeking lady in the wake of all the other claims and attention they got... really hoping...

probably is in my opinion

Rexxy

Coach
Lewis said:
tigergal said:

I don't know how many times the lesson has to be spelled out before even the dumbest pupils get it.

Unwanted sexual attention and threatening behaviour aimed at women is unacceptable.

If you guys cant see that, you're worse than some of the players.

innsaneink

Referee
Rex said:
Lewis said:
tigergal said:

I don't know how many times the lesson has to be spelled out before even the dumbest pupils get it.

Unwanted sexual attention and threatening behaviour aimed at women is unacceptable.

If you guys cant see that, you're worse than some of the players.
Yeah.....rootin a bloke in a laneway really sounds like it was unwanted....can you blame players for thinkin a gang bang might be on the cards in this situation?

t-ba

Post Whore
Yes, you can.

Guess What Kiddies! Yes to sex doesn't mean yes to Group Sex, no matter how much a bag the person may seem!

t-ba

Post Whore
bag is a Banned word?

Hilarious.

And the C word comes out as merkin. Much funnier!

Rexxy

Coach
innsaneink said:
Yeah.....rootin a bloke in a laneway really sounds like it was unwanted....can you blame players for thinkin a gang bang might be on the cards in this situation?

Consentual sex with one person , even in a public space, doesnt change anything. It doesn't give a green light to all and sundry.

Or are you saying Public Sex offends you and should nullify a person's rights.

I think this is a case of "by what disturbs thee know thy self".

Anonymous

Juniors
I agree that to ever say a woman is asking for it is ridiculous.

However I also am a bit bemused that this was reported, and I think it seems a bit dodgy. Why embarass yourself and report an incident to police when really not a lot seems to have happened. I find the whole thing a little bit fishy.

If true it's pretty messed up. No prizes for guessing who it would have been either...

innsaneink

Referee
t-ba the hutt said:
Yes, you can.

Guess What Kiddies! Yes to sex doesn't mean yes to Group Sex, no matter how much a s**g the person may seem!

Seems like the three back in the motel room realised this at some stage,
When she entered the darkened room, she heard noises and saw three other players in "various stages of undress," Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper said.

She said she was held down on the bed and her mouth was covered to stop her from screaming.

The players then released the woman. No (no) sexual assault took place.
.....now it doesn't say how long a period of time elapsed from the time she entered the room till the time she left. If it was 15, 20 or 30 minutes then yeah theres a problem, but from the report it seems likely it was only a matter of a brief period of time. The players realised a gang bang wasnt happening and they all went there own way, I dont see where the drama is......a simple misunderstanding I think.

Rexxy

Coach

I think this consitutes assault, and deprivavtion of liberty. But Im not lawyer. She must have been terrified and I hope she sues for trauma.

Kingytek

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
I agree that to ever say a woman is asking for it is ridiculous.

However I also am a bit bemused that this was reported, and I think it seems a bit dodgy. Why embarass yourself and report an incident to police when really not a lot seems to have happened. I find the whole thing a little bit fishy.

If true it's pretty messed up. No prizes for guessing who it would have been either...

Pardon the pun! hahahahaha

innsaneink

Referee
Rex said:

I think this consitutes assault, and deprivavtion of liberty. But Im not lawyer. She must have been terrified and I hope she sues for trauma.
FFS pass me a tissue :cry:
If you engage in dangerous behaviour, I think its safe to say you may end up in a dangerous situation. I hope she learns a lesson out of this.

I wonder how many tax-payers would agree with you,Rex.