What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Gilbert...

Amadaca

Juniors
His sickening display this morning of Man-Crush on SBW notwithstanding, I have nothing against this guy...but does anyone wonder how in Gods name he landed a job on TV!? He didn't get it for being a good-looking guy, his takes are vanilla-grade generic & he is utterly devoid of any charm, wit or charisma.

Don't get me wrong --- I'm not saying he's terrible. That's what Paul Kent & Terry Kennedy are for. But he is just so BLAND. Any fans of Gilbert? What is his appeal to you?

Tone83

Juniors
Obviously vossy is way better but gilberts ok imo, he's somewhat likable, beggars can't be choosers. Out of all the people involved with covering league who aren't ex players there's only a couple better than him. Vossy and I guess rabs?? Can't think of anyone else? Like you said tk and kent are a thousand times worse, and hads goes without saying.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I like him for the most part.

Though it is hilarious how he tries to put shit on TK all the time.

It's like how every group of friends has the weakest member of the group. Then there's the 2nd weakest, who constantly gives him shit, just to impress the others.

Packy

Bench
He isn't the worst and at least seems to be a genuine RL fan but he is a long way from entertaining.

DMS

Juniors
Tim Gilbert is a bore........I don't dislike the man, just they could find a better candidate for the job.

Amadaca

Juniors

It's like how every group of friends has the weakest member of the group. Then there's the 2nd weakest, who constantly gives him shit, just to impress the others.

What do you like about him, then?

Danish

Referee
He is f**king rubbish IMO, and pretty clearly has zero understanding of the game.

He is white bread and adds nothing to the coverage.

Tone83

Juniors

Any decent person would feel obligated to rip on tk as often and hard as possible. Can only see that as a positive.

DMS

Juniors
They should get Ray Hadley to host it......perfect replacement, knows his league plus he gets more exposure on the network to satisfy his fans, plus it would be great to see the #1 commentator get a chance to bring the pannel of the continuous call team over to television lol.

Amadaca

Juniors
They should get Ray Hadley to host it......perfect replacement, knows his league plus he gets more exposure on the network to satisfy his fans, plus it would be great to see the #1 commentator get a chance to bring the pannel of the continuous call team over to television lol.

While Gilbert is a dull yet inoffensive bore, Hadley is a bonafide, merkin-faced f**kwit.

Gilbert any day over the dickheads & morons (Hadley, Kent, Kennedy).

Yoda

Juniors

Nice to hear from you Ray....