What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Lafai arrested over drunken brawl

carcharias

Immortal
I can't believe this hasn't been posted in here already.
...and as a rampant Sharks fan I am more than happy to spread the word
...you're welcome

hmmm.. shirt off at 5am on Sunday morning.
that's one warm invisible beer jacket he's got there.

link
AT least two St George Illawarra players have landed themselves in hot water with the NRL Integrity Unit reviewing an alleged drunken nightclub brawl in Wollongong in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Dragons centre Tim Lafai and teammate Siliva Havili, 23, were issued infringement notices for “continuing intoxicated behaviour” after police were called to reports of two brawls.

NSW Police said officers were called to an intersection outside the Fever nightclub at 5am on Sunday morning following reports of a brawl.

When they arrived the group had dispersed but Lafai and Havili were stopped a short distance away and given “move on” directions by officers.

A short time later the pair were seen by police in an “altercation” with a group of males on Crown St.
It’s understood fellow Dragons player in Dunamis Lui was also present, although his involvement is unclear.

Lafai and Havili were arrested and taken to Wollongong Police Station. The pair were issued infringement notices for “continuing intoxicated behaviour after a move on direction”.

Lafai is understood to have been heavily intoxicated and was allegedly running around with his shirt off in a crazed manner.

There are also allegations a man was knocked unconscious when Havili ran at him and made contact with his head.

Former Bulldog Lafai signed a two-year deal with the Dragons late last year and was dropped prior to the Sunday’s loss to the Wests Tigers.

He played for Illawarra against his former club Canterbury in the NSW Cup on Saturday afternoon.

The Bulldogs beat the Cutters 30-0 at WIN Stadium in Wollongong.

Havili played 10 games for the Dragons this season after moving from the Warriros last year.

The New Zealand born utility has played for the Junior Kiwis and was a surprise call-up for his homeland in the 2014 Anzac Test after playing just three NRL games.

The Dragons will wait for the NRL Integrity Unit to hand down its findings before making further comment or delivering potential punishments for the players’ involved.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I still remember that poll that 90-something % of people thought Lafai was the better buy over Hopoate.

egg-on-face-egg-carotid-plaque-study1.jpg

Incorrect

Coach
"Lafai is understood to have been heavily intoxicated and was allegedly running around with his shirt off in a crazed manner.

There are also allegations a man was knocked unconscious when Havili ran at him and made contact with his head."

Dragons could do with them bringing some of this behaviour to the footy field, not outside Fever nightclub!! Sounds like Havili's contact was a shoulder charge so he'd probably be in trouble with the MRC!

Any truth to it lafai took on this guy?

Probably dirty he got on the field for first grade.

Attachments

• CnZ4TyFUsAAhkqJ.jpg
    CnZ4TyFUsAAhkqJ.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 7

carcharias

Immortal
geezuz

linky
Police are investigating the incident and the alleged victim Reed Harris told the Seven Network he was considering pressing charges.

“My brother told me I got blindshotted, coward punched,” Harris said.

“All I remember is blood all over me. I have a constant headache and I can’t really move too well. I am still at work but I am struggling.

“If it was a fair fight, one-on-one and this happened I might just leave it as that.

“But because it was a coward punch (I might take it further). I could have been dead. I could have been in a coma.” The alleged incident occurred outside Fever Nightclub around 5am, before continuing soon after at a nearby convenience store on Crown St, after which Lafai, Havili and Dunamis Lui were taken into custody.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is Muzby ok?

i'm all good.. infact, here's a few things i've already had to say on the matter in the dragons forum..

the issue being, when it comes to high profile people, it sets a standard for others to follow..

so if these two are let off (if proven guilty of course..) it sends a message that it's okay to king hit.. which goes against pretty much everything society has done over the past couple of years to stamp this stuff out.

people deserve a chance at rehabilitation, but to keep them playing and keeping them in a public profile sends the wrong message..

this is where the NRL need to be working with the clubs to have a standard discipline policy - those who are struck out because of behaviour issues should go into a program for rehabilitation.. and need to show improvement here before they are allowed back in the game..

ensures you aren't leaving these people high and dry, but also sending a very strong message that acting like a dickhead won't be tolerated.

yes. shouldn't matter how good a player you are.

to quote our current australian of the year:

"the standard you walk past is the standard you accept"

no place for this kind of behaviour in society..

Jason Maher

Immortal
Two players recently dumped to reserve grade acting out. Appears on
I still remember that poll that 90-something % of people thought Lafai was the better buy over Hopoate.

egg-on-face-egg-carotid-plaque-study1.jpg

That was based on Hoppa's absolutely abysmal form for Parra.

T.S Quint

Coach
One player king-hits some bloke and starts a drunken brawl at 5am. Barely heard the news.

Another player involved in a sex tape. Non-stop news for weeks.

Our society is f**ked.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/07/26/updated_club_stateme.html

The St George Illawarra Dragons have determined to stand-down contracted players Siliva Havili and Tim Lafai, effective immediately and until further notice, from all Club activities, for breaching the Club’s Code of Conduct.

The Club has been advised that both Havili and Lafai have been charged with affray and offensive behaviour by police, following an incident which occurred in Wollongong on Sunday morning.

The NRL Integrity Unit has been informed and the Club has arranged counselling for both players.

The matter is to be considered by Courts system and as such, the Club will not be making any further comment, at this time.

carcharias

Immortal
One player king-hits some bloke and starts a drunken brawl at 5am. Barely heard the news.

Another player involved in a sex tape. Non-stop news for weeks.

Our society is f**ked.
Yeah sex tape
Oh
And busted with a bag of drugs too
Sort of has a bit to do with it.

Latest posts