What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Building is over. CONSIDER THIS ..

nogigtoobig

Juniors
The age of WISDOM,

It is the time for a new era in rugby league when the Sharks go that one further not just be in the winners circle again but take out THAT premiership ! We can only hope, but after the performance tonight against the Cowboys hope may not be at the top of the list.

It seems Kimmorley has well and truly won his pennants with the fans after the Anderson fiasco and the return of Dykes and Mellor to be so obvious, that something went a miss at that same time that Cronulla fell to pieces only 2 or 3 seasons ago.

We can all speculate on Cronulla's loses and eventful history, but it is now that the WISDOM and talents of the clubs fruit that they cultivated under Lang and Raper in the 90's , are now ripe for the plucking.
What makes a great club and a great winning team? Loyalty, Passion, The Want and WISDOM which can only be achieved by age.

How often do you see a 6 and 7 combination gel so quick, yeah Dykes and Kimmorley are great players of the game but they are WISE.
Old man our Rock who has stood by the club for his entire career David Peachey, Playing some of his best footy in yrs, but more importantly he's playing with that Peachey smile. WISDOM
Look at those battering rams pure horse power Stevens and Nuttly , there are no new comers WISE and rise for the occasion every game.
And who would of thought that Paul Mellor would return in such a potent form with the ability to carry half a team on his back and still get a ball away.
These are just some of the players that Cronulla's culture has nurtured and grown and it appears very fitting that the coach is Stuart Raper, A coach who know's what he's doing and coach with a winning record and not just for the sharks 1st grade side, One can only say that speaks volumes on WISDOM.

It appears to be not just a gelling of a 6 and 7 combination that is at the for front of the clubs winning form its at all levels in the club from the merge with Newtown to new recruits like Hutch Miava and James Stosic, then we move to our recent 1st grade regulars who some are looming as new rep targets like Paul Gallen / Michael Sullivan / David Simmonds, followed by seasoned players like Nigel Vagana / Phill Bailey and how did the tigers let that kid Luke Covel go??
Mixed with a forte of long term associated players / coach as mentioned above, rich in the black white and blue WISDOM, only to have it capped off with a president of a club who's name is synonymous with cronulla's history Steve Rogers..

Time for building is over, the WISDOM is there and the fruits are ripe for the picking , our only threat being the pressures of representative duties, I'd say we'll certainly give it one of our best shakes this year. And with those sort of statures amongst the club it is assured that the winning smile is certain to be passed to younger players and fans for a few years to come.

The Players are happy and it's so obvious what a sight to see. Keep it up, you guy's are legends.

Nogigtoobig.

In-a-rage

Juniors
I like it.

To be quite honest i think the sharks have only been playing good in patches. But it is a great sign when u are wholloping sides and good sides too.

But to win a premiership u need good defence, and that only comes with a good attitude. The never say die attitude the sharks showed on Sat was awesome.

Shark

Bench
From the clouds!

FTR tho Gigman, Noddy endeared himself to the fans pretty much as soon as he arrived. It was his golfing partner who stank... #-o

carinashark

First Grade
Didnt Ando have somthing to do with bringing Noddy to the club? And Bailey and Sullivan , both fringe players at Manly I think? And the atmosphere last Saturday night was very "Super League" . Time heals all .
Carinashark

Jimbo

Immortal
carinashark said:
Didnt Ando have somthing to do with bringing Noddy to the club? And Bailey and Sullivan , both fringe players at Manly I think?

Nutley and Vagana too

Dread

Juniors
The question I need to ask... why did nogigtoobig email this to me yesterday? :?

McLovin

Staff member
Tweddle and Wessel. Faces only a mother could love, Names i will never forget...

don't forget lomu, reick, merritt, franze, angry carl, that fat guy he had at hooker, tweedle and wessel. chased the odd legend out of the place as well in the most 'professional' manner possible under his winning culture.

maybe ando's brain suffered greater oxygen deprivation during his cardiac episode than even he is aware of ?? seriously, he's lost the plot ever since and can't eveb hold onto a b-grade welsh rugby team.

give me raper any day, simmons loving or not.

McLovin

Staff member
What ever happened to Carl Lovell??? i loved that guy, showed alot of mongrel (maybe to much). And that fat guy we had at hooker was Dean Bosnich...

Latest posts