What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to make a stand

Bandwagon

Staff member
Bea doesn’t have a drought he hasn’t even had a drink yet.

Still, Bennett's current drought is longer. By the measure that premierships are the be all and end all, how is a bloke who hasn't won squat since 2010 the answer?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Still, Bennett's current drought is longer. By the measure that premierships are the be all and end all, how is a bloke who hasn't won squat since 2010 the answer?
And keeping Bea Arthur is?? He was seconds away in 2015 and one poor pass away in 2021. Look what he’s done with a bog average Phins team.

Then look at what Baldie has offered the last 11 seasons, it embarrassing he’s mentioned in the same sentence.

Can Bennett win us a comp?? Probably not but we are no chance with Bea Arthur absolutely zero.

Eelementary

Post Whore

You're absolutely right.

We would definitely go backwards under a coach who wins 70% of the Grand Finals he is in, has a career win rate of over 65%, and has been coaching professional rugby league, since man discovered fire.

We are blessed to have a coach on board who boasts an INCREDIBLE 52% career win rate, has won an ASTONISHING zero Premierships, and has a REMARKABLE Finals win rate of under 35%.

The Parramatta Eels - where mediocrity is not just encouraged, it is indoctrinated.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And keeping Bea Arthur is?? He was seconds away in 2015 and one poor pass away in 2021. Look what he’s done with a bog average Phins team.

Then look at what Baldie has offered the last 11 seasons, it embarrassing he’s mentioned in the same sentence.

Can Bennett win us a comp?? Probably not but we are no chance with Bea Arthur absolutely zero.

Can Bennett win us a comp? Maybe - fifty-fifty.

But he'd damn sure set the playing group up for success, seeing as he actually knows what success is....

Brad's only dalliance with success came when he captain-coached the Bumf**kville Nobodies to a Group 25 Premiership...

This Year?

Immortal
I remember early in 2009 I got asked what I thought about having Bennett and I said I hated it.
Fast forward 2 years and I seen my club hold the JJ twice and broke a 3 decade drought. Those memories I cherish and they sustain me through all the bad times.

The Eels have the talent, they just need a harder edge and narrow focus on success. A few tweaks from Wayne and you'd have a team that would be holding the Provan-Summons within 3 seasons.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I remember early in 2009 I got asked what I thought about having Bennett and I said I hated it.
Fast forward 2 years and I seen my club hold the JJ twice and broke a 3 decade drought. Those memories I cherish and they sustain me through all the bad times.

The Eels have the talent, they just need a harder edge and narrow focus on success. A few tweaks from Wayne and you'd have a team that would be holding the Provan-Summons within 3 seasons.
This is an intelligent man with a full head of hair.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You're absolutely right.

We would definitely go backwards under a coach who wins 70% of the Grand Finals he is in, has a career win rate of over 65%, and has been coaching professional rugby league, since man discovered fire.

We are blessed to have a coach on board who boasts an INCREDIBLE 52% career win rate, has won an ASTONISHING zero Premierships, and has a REMARKABLE Finals win rate of under 35%.

The Parramatta Eels - where mediocrity is not just encouraged, it is indoctrinated.

So you're saying there are other measures that count beyond just winning a premiership?

Bandwagon

Staff member

You'll note I haven't argued for keeping Arthurs.

So that makes this a classic strawman.

As for the Phins, I think he's done a very good job of assembling a squad from scratch that on their day can be competitive.

Beyond that what has he achieved with them? Not finishing last last year? I guess that's something.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Is Wayne 2024 still as relevant as Wayne 2009?

I reckon if we were to get him it'll end more like the Knights than the Dragons.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You'll note I haven't argued for keeping Arthurs.

So that makes this a classic strawman.

As for the Phins, I think he's done a very good job of assembling a squad from scratch that on their day can be competitive.

Beyond that what has he achieved with them? Not finishing last last year? I guess that's something.
They were predicted to come dead last and be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. Instead he had the competitive and in the top 8 until injuries struck. Lost his halfback and dummy half for extended periods. They finished with 9 wins probably his best coaching effort in a long time. Even with a horror injury toll he has them in the top 8.

Compare them to us we lose Moses and we turn to shit, but you can’t win without a halfback if you are Bea. But Bennett has shown what a real coach can do with losses of key men.

Bandwagon

Staff member
They were predicted to come dead last and be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. Instead he had the competitive and in the top 8 until injuries struck. Lost his halfback and dummy half for extended periods. They finished with 9 wins probably his best coaching effort in a long time. Even with a horror injury toll he has them in the top 8.

Compare them to us we lose Moses and we turn to shit, but you can’t win without a halfback if you are Bea. But Bennett has shown what a real coach can do with losses of key men.

They won two games in the second half of the season. Tell me again about the triumph of Wayne over adversity!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They won two games in the second half of the season. Tell me again about the triumph of Wayne over adversity!
Baldie won a spoon with a team predicted to make a run for the title. Only Bea is allowed excuses lol.

We lose one player and he gets a free ride for the season. They flogged us with 6 or 7 of their top 17 out. If Bea ever has that many out we will be allowed to forfeit.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Baldie won a spoon with a team predicted to make a run for the title. Only Bea is allowed excuses lol.

We lose one player and he gets a free ride for the season. They flogged us with 6 or 7 of their top 17 out. If Bea ever has that many out we will be allowed to forfeit.

But but Baldie.

Again I aint talking about BA, how f**king hard is that to understand?

I'm talking about Bennett, and the Phins, and again they finished 13th, after starting pretty strong with 7 wins in the first half of the season but faded with 2 wins in the back half.

And this is something to crow about just because every merkin had them coming last on the basis of them being a new team?

Yeah, f**k of.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But but Baldie.

Again I aint talking about BA, how f**king hard is that to understand?

I'm talking about Bennett, and the Phins, and again they finished 13th, after starting pretty strong with 7 wins in the first half of the season but faded with 2 wins in the back half.

And this is something to crow about just because every merkin had them coming last on the basis of them being a new team?

Yeah, f**k of.
Settle pettle, talk about going off half Cooked as usual.

If it’s not about Bea so who replaces him then?? If Bennett is not good enough who replaces him?? Because you aren’t defending baldie are you?? Who’s the man if it’s not Bennett?? Or you aren’t suggesting Bea see’s out his contract and we pass on Bennett?? Surely not!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
So you're saying there are other measures that count beyond just winning a premiership?

No.

After 38 years of near-misses, there is nothing left but to win a Premiership.

Arthur cannot get us that.

Can Bennett? Maybe - who knows?

He's an infinitely better coach than Arthur, in any case.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

If it’s not about Bea so who replaces him then?? If Bennett is not good enough who replaces him?? Because you aren’t defending baldie are you?? Who’s the man if it’s not Bennett?? Or you aren’t suggesting Bea see’s out his contract and we pass on Bennett?? Surely not!!
Personally, I would go for a new young thing like Wallace or Ryles or Young. Slater if he was available, he impresses me so much when he speaks, but that's asking for a miracle. But once again, MON has to go too. I hold him more responsible for the current hole than BA.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Personally, I would go for a new young thing like Wallace or Ryles or Young. Slater if he was available, he impresses me so much when he speaks, but that's asking for a miracle. But once again, MON has to go too. I hold him more responsible for the current hole than BA.
Wallace I don’t mind, is he ready yet though??

Ryles is waiting for Martina to pack up her strap on and retire. Slater would be fantastic but a pipe dream. Young has been at a few clubs not sure he’s what we need. That said a whole clean out is needed but does that happen when a rookie coach?? At least if Benny comes he will clean out the rot.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Sure mate.

BA raped your dog hey?

What I'm suggesting is that Creeping Death isn't the answer for our club.

Bandwagon

Staff member
No.

After 38 years of near-misses, there is nothing left but to win a Premiership.

Arthur cannot get us that.

Can Bennett? Maybe - who knows?

He's an infinitely better coach than Arthur, in any case.

Then we're back to Bennett's drought being longer than BA's.