What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler Group presents new privatisation offer

roopy

Referee
Born in Port - lived mostly in the upper Hunter from what i can tell.
Got his only qualification from Muswellbrook Tafe (electrician).
Made his money in the upper Hunter.
Has his horse stud in the upper Hunter.
I think he had a house in Newcastle a few years ago, but i don't think he has spent a lot of time living in the city.
I've got no idea why he is in Brisbane now.

Born in Port - lived mostly in the upper Hunter from what i can tell.
Got his only qualification from Muswellbrook Tafe (electrician).
Made his money in the upper Hunter.
Has his horse stud in the upper Hunter.
I think he had a house in Newcastle a few years ago, but i don't think he has spent a lot of time living in the city.
I've got no idea why he is in Brisbane now.

I'm pretty sure he still has a house in Newie... Joey's old place in Merewether.

I think he lives in Brissie as most of his coal mining interests are in Qld, but he still spends a fair bit of time around here because (as you said) Patinack Farm is at Scone.

cram

Bench
Yeah I think your right Alex. I also read he purchased some propert in Ocean Street, Merewether and that was going to be his Newcastle base...who knows..,been doing some research about him this morning. He appears the very cash rich rather then just asset rich..,

B-dos

Referee
I'm leaning towards voting "yes", but i'd at least like to see sometalk about a basic plan beyond the 10 years, and a guarentee that we won't be broken up to spread out his costs cause the instability alone would make this whole thing pointless.

if you vote no youre voting for zero plan beyond the next week, month or season at most

a ten year guarantee is therefore 10 times more 'planned' than anything else youre ever going to get

Alex28

Coach
Nope - he sold out to his other partner and opened up something else in Newie. I think that happened last year, however existing chef and staff are still there and still cooks beautiful food.

B-dos

Referee
it would have to double as the herald HQ wouldnt it mac?

thats where all the evilness eminates from?

I'll state from the start that I am not the biggest Macavity fan and think his extremely conceited and a big know it all most of the time.

B-dos I think I am speaking for the majority here when I say I wish you would lay off the personal attacks on Macavity, they go below the belt and are uncalled for.

Even if he did wish to represent on the board we probably couldnt ask for a better ambassador as a key person in starting the crusade and organising their endeavours and dauntless support of the Knights at home and away games, his decency into giving us insight into the club at management level, and his countless times that his supported the Knights publicly in many forms of media.

I honestly don't know if the Knights could ask for me a faithful or loyal supporter and I applaud him for his good works(even I disagree with him a lot.)

If all the fans were like him we'd have no need of privitisation and already be the strongest club in the NRL.

By all means disagree with the man but dont attack him personally as Macavity more then most doesn't deserve it.

if you vote no youre voting for zero plan beyond the next week, month or season at most

a ten year guarantee is therefore 10 times more 'planned' than anything else youre ever going to get

Ha. Yeah, those threats of bankruptcy and doom have been around pre-Johns era, mate. They don't scare me.

Pika

Bench
I'll state from the start that I am not the biggest Macavity fan and think his extremely conceited and a big know it all most of the time.

B-dos I think I am speaking for the majority here when I say I wish you would lay off the personal attacks on Macavity, they go below the belt and are uncalled for.

Even if he did wish to represent on the board we probably couldnt ask for a better ambassador as a key person in starting the crusade and organising their endeavours and dauntless support of the Knights at home and away games, his decency into giving us insight into the club at management level, and his countless times that his supported the Knights publicly in many forms of media.

I honestly don't know if the Knights could ask for me a faithful or loyal supporter and I applaud him for his good works(even I disagree with him a lot.)

If all the fans were like him we'd have no need of privitisation and already be the strongest club in the NRL.

By all means disagree with the man but dont attack him personally as Macavity more then most doesn't deserve it.

I am with you Baron, he is still a tool.

Bacchus owners now own Longworth.

Bacchus deal went pear shaped with the partner buying out the old owners and is off to court.

B-dos

Referee
oh hi baron

not sure where ive made any personal attacks buddy

feel free to point them out if you like?

B-dos

Referee
Ha. Yeah, those threats of bankruptcy and doom have been around pre-Johns era, mate. They don't scare me.

lol

well thankfully tinkler bailed us out a few years ago

and im sure youre aware we are running with a 4 mil debt hanging over our shoulders

what alternative 'plan' is on offer should members like yourself vote no?

Frederick

Staff member
I've only been to Bacchus once and the food was awesome, but it was so goddamned hot in that place. No airflow at all!

perverse

Referee
so, what is exactly the basis of your argument for voting against the proposal? a meagre, struggling, always on the brink type existance is superior to a prosperous, successful, exciting and powerful existance?

if we continue on the path we are on, we will continue on the path we're on. we may never get another opporunity like this.

Latest posts