What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT vs Rnd 6 Cowboys ~ Sat 5:30pm

Gazzamatta

Coach
No way the club will acknowledge Sivo has been dropped if in fact he has. They will say its an injury and he will get a week off.
Remember Jennings playing one week in reserve grade but was never dropped. "He just needs more game time while the 1s had a bye" was the message.
Wrong Gazza!
Pretty pleased that we didnt take the soft option. Well done BA.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yet wasn't our best on Sunday night.. No Raiders players..

he hasn't been our best all season but he hasn't been our worst either, I think he just needs a bit more footy

its not as though there are a lot of other choices

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Asi was signed specifically for this situation but he cant tackle
6. Asi
7. Brown

Has happened twice before, in rounds 25 (vs Roosters) and 26 (vs Panthers), incidentally Asi's last two games in first grade. We flogged Penrith and got belted by Easts. Asi missed four tackles in each game.

Talagi's last two games in first grade saw him miss ten tackles (seven last week), so Asi is likely to be an improvement.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They always seem to have glaring flaws when promoted into NRL whereas other teams young players do not?
We have promoted Talagi so soon because we haven't had a stream of youngsters developing into first graders over the past four/five years. Talagi is 19 this year. Jarome Luai (for example) didn't play NRL until he was 21. It's nice to hold them back but you can only afford to hold them back if you have good enough backups. Talagi's replacement this week, Asi, made his debut shortly before his 20th birthday. He played five games that year and the Cowboys lost all five. He played another five games the next year (2021) and they lost all five as well. He didn't win his first NRL game until he was almost 22 years old, at the Warriors. Again as a backup.

JokerEel

Coach
Asi will play 7 like has been in Cup.

Kicking in the last game shows he wasn't playing half in CUP..

Weird rumors floating around that Sanders will sign with Canberra and leave after round 6 I doubt that as he could just go now... Plus if that is the case we would be playing Lynn in CUP..

JokerEel

Coach
We have promoted Talagi so soon because we haven't had a stream of youngsters developing into first graders over the past four/five years. Talagi is 19 this year. Jarome Luai (for example) didn't play NRL until he was 21. It's nice to hold them back but you can only afford to hold them back if you have good enough backups. Talagi's replacement this week, Asi, made his debut shortly before his 20th birthday. He played five games that year and the Cowboys lost all five. He played another five games the next year (2021) and they lost all five as well. He didn't win his first NRL game until he was almost 22 years old, at the Warriors. Again as a backup.

It's good we have Blaize a crack. Problem for me is he wasn't kicking the door down in CUP to get picked in the NRL it was only because of injury.

Yes I get it players get injured and you have to find someone to cover for them but when was the last time we had a junior come through demanding to be picked?

Was it Brown?

Leads me to another Question why haven't we had. A stream of youngsters come through in the past 5 years..

Latest posts