What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA- New Beginnings

DB

First Grade
Have some spare time, so I'll see where this takes me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA-Logo.jpg

TNA…. The home of washed up WWE wrestlers, and has-beens. Gone are the times when TNA boasted the best women’s division in the world, or one of the best, and most innovative divisions in the X Division. People were generally excited when a man like Eric Bischoff… the man who almost took the WWF/WWE off the map with WCW came into the promotion. Hulk Hogan, the worlds most recognizable wrestler also came into the frame. The publicity was building. Hell even the wheelin’ and dealin’ Ric Flair come into the company. The Monday Night Wars were back on, but only in the eyes of the people at TNA. TNA languished on a Monday Night. They were having ratings of 0.7-0.9, while WWE Raw was at 3.5-4.0. The move back to Thursday night somewhat increased the rating slightly, but for a company that has been around for 9 years, when the first TNA match took place in 2002, and for all the star power this company has got, something needed to be done. And this rejuvenation started with a phone call……..

DB

First Grade
Ring Ring…… Ring Ring……Ring Ring…Ring Ring……Ring Ring……Ring Ring……
??? - What?
??? - It’s Dixie here again. Have you thought about my offer?
??? – Do you realize what time it is? Its 1.30 in the morning. How can I work for a company with this amount of courtesy, or lack of?
Dixie – I’m sorry, but I can’t sleep. When I bought into this franchise, I never thought it would make me this way. I’m not eating. My inside’s are churning. We need a change and I think you are the man to get us out of this hole, that we, and myself have dug this company into.
??? – I appreciate your words, but I’ve seen your shows. You are re-using storylines that the WWE used 5-6 years ago. I’ve heard on the grapevine a custody battle between Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett…. Come on. The WWE did that with Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio. I just don’t think it will work out. My passion is not in the business anymore.
Dixie – What can we do to make it your passion again?
??? – I just don’t know. Sorry and Bye.
Beep… Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep…
Dixie – sh*t!!!

It can't be Cornette, he would have hung up already.

It can;t be Heyman, he would have been up late playing World of Warcraft or somesh*t.

I'm going out on a limb - It's Kevin Sullivan.

:cool:

DB

First Grade
Knock Knock… Knock Knock… Knock Knock…
???- OPEN UP! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE.
The door opens.
???- I thought I’d be seeing you. Dixie sending her lackeys?
???- She just thought I may be better at persuading you to come to TNA than her.
???- Well it’s a lost cause. I am not jumping on the bandwagon. You guys have dug your own hole, so you guys have to get yourselves out of it.
???- Man, think about it. Think about the good times we had, and the good times we can have. With us two, it is unlimited in the power we can get and have. We can be the biggest thing in Pro Wrestling.
???- I’m sorry but I don’t think it will work out. I think it’s time for you to go.
???- Just do one thing for me. Just make sure you think about it, and if it is 100% in your heart not the right thing to do at the moment, than turn it down. But I want you to think about all the good times we had, and reconsider your decision. Can you do that for me?
???- I will. Bye
The door slams shut. The man dials a number in the phone.
???- Dixie. I may be onto the way of cracking him, and getting him into TNA.

DB

First Grade
We are in the TNA Boardroom, where Dixie is sitting with Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan and Vince Russo.
Dixie- Thank you all for joining me. It is quite apparent that TNA needs a change. And this is where you guys come in. What do you guys think need to happen?
Hulk- I’ll tell you one thing, I think the Hulkster needs to become TNA champ. I am the most famous person on the roster. I need to be the top.
Eric- With all due respect Terry, and I mean that in the biggest regard, but I do not see you as the answer. Back in 2005 or 2006 this company was knocking at the door of the WWE, and it was thanks to the work of TNA originals like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe.
Dixie- Well Vince, what do you think?
Vince- I think TNA is fine the way it is.
Dixie- Right…… I understand where you are coming from but…
At that moment the phone rings. Dixie answers.
Dixie- Hello, Dixie Carter speaking.
???- I’m in.
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
Dixie- Guys I have a solution, and you’ll see it on Thursday Night.

DB

First Grade
TNA-Logo.jpg

TNA Wrestling would like to announce that this Thursday's TNA iMPACT! will be filmed and showed on SPike TV in a live broadcast.

The show will feature Dixie Carter who has a special announcement.

TNA iMPACT! airs every Thursday night at 9/8c on SpikeTV!

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, because Scotty Too Hotty's no Taker and isn't drawing the huge buyrates and gates like he is.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: I was just discussing the merits of the Worm with the mate the other day.

We were trying to come up with the logic for how the worm did so much damage and figured that it must be South Park 'dance' logic.

Imagine the Georgia Dome chanting out the W, O, R, M. Epic!

Must admit though, best part of Wrestlemania, Jerry Lawler calling the Peoples Elbow like he used to in the 90s when Rock was a heel, squeeling "Peoples Elbow" as the Rock hits it. Awesomes