What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all those knockers......

In-a-rage

Juniors
Its still early season. The team defended well, especially their desparation close to the line which was non existent last week. The committment was there, and it is a good sign that the team bounced back from last week.

I was really impressed with all our forwards. Go well was good. Our kicking game was good and overall i was happy they didn't let the ref get to them early on in the match.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well the Peach is down for his usual 23 missed tackles by NRL.com stats kids.

Hes down for 4 but funny how they broke the line 3 times

He must have missed the same guy twice hey.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
But the good stat is his 6 errors.

They must have counted the pass between the legs as an error, his dive for a try, when simmo tripped him. Geez I'm stil struggling for the others.

imasharkie

Coach
Nuh can't help you out there Reefy.
I don't remember them but I do remember his great game and thats what counts

Foz

Bench
I thought our defence improved out of sight.
If we can tackle like that every week we'll win a lot of games.
Our overall performance though was ordinary.
Thank goodness stats don't win games.
Parra beat us in all major stats except the one that mattered-The score.
I would class Parra's game as ordinary as well.
Nutley and Stevo should make a difference so we have a bit of improvement in us.

millersnose

Post Whore
coolumsharkie said:
but this is a fans based web site....simple.

actually it is a football forum

many people, as evidenced by this thread, think it is a britney spears type fanclub where no criticisms are permitted

only fluffy wuffly nice things are permitted to be said

and we declare the season a success based on a narrow win against a side that hasnt made a finals series in years...........

blueshark

Juniors
Big improvement but still a long way to go to trouble any of the top sides.

Good plan from raper to start the game with simmons chasing the kick off

Millersnose said:

many people, as evidenced by this thread, think it is a britney spears type fanclub where no criticisms are permitted

Winner.

And.. I never thought I'd see you type the words, "fluffy wuffly" Millers.. brought me much lol.

Quigs

Immortal
Bugger the statistics..... they give me the you know whats.

Just point to the scoreboard.

Better still have a geek at the league ladder.

Imagine if we (the sharks) were climbing up a ladder of all the League Sides

Who'd be looking up to us ...... yeah our younger siblings. Young George Illawarra. That is the stat that I like the best.

Cheers
Quigs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You've not heard of the fluffy wuffly parallel universe?
I am the Mayor of Envyville.

husky65

Juniors
We won the game, great.

But those stats against a shorthanded, genuinely crap, team don't point to us winning many against decent teams this year unless there is a dramatic improvement in discipline.

it's a major improvement on last week (not such a miracle considering the level of that performance but very welcome nonetheless). the grit and commitmwent were back which is what mnakes me happiest. a lot of positives to take from the game but still a lot of improvement to get thru before we trouble the business end of the season.

next week against the doggies should be a much better indication of where we're at but without our starting front row playing we'll always be down a good 15-20% or so on our performance potential. on the plus side i predict the boys will be fired up for the game which should do wonders for developing the team all-round.

nb - i'll give simmons his credit for what i consider his best performance yet but he still shouldn't be there ahead of mellor or any of a handful of other contenders.

coolumsharkie

Referee
millersnose said:
coolumsharkie said:
but this is a fans based web site....simple.

only fluffy wuffly nice things are permitted to be said

and we declare the season a success based on a narrow win against a side that hasnt made a finals series in years...........

Yeah I knew you would post something like that... :lol:

You can post what you like I couldnt care less.. just responding to Reefy's gasping

So everyone except the Britney Spears mob feels pretty much the same way as me

Glad to win
Glad to see some improvement from some
Should have been beaten by a pretty bad team
Not jumping for joy - so much improvement required
"But we'll take the two points"

I'm still stunned that we won

Frenzy.

Immortal
intresting thread

seems to me their r realists and dreamers in this message board

dreamers who have blind loyalty and that's fine

and realists who know a bit about the game and analise it also fine

oh andd category 3 = ds

nothing successful ever came from ducking self criticism = i think it called resting on lawrels

Frenzy.

Immortal
just on stats

does anyone else think Gallen has been hard done by offload wise?
\

I am sure he made more than 2