What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 coaches in NRL

Smartman

Juniors
Who would guys rate as the top 5 coaches
Mine are as follows

1.Bennett
2.Hasler
3.Bellamy
4.Cleary
5.Sheens

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
After henjak built the team?

What's wrong with sheens? He killed it in Canberra and has continued with a pretty good winning percentage.

aqua_duck

Coach

What's wrong with sheens? He killed it in Canberra and has continued with a pretty good winning percentage.

Mate you exclude his time with the Raiders his winning % is about 40%. At the raiders he had a team that was over the cap and quite frankly Michael Hagan could've win multiple premierships with.
His overall winning % is just on 50% ATM (still less than that of renowned super coaches like Hagan, Henjak, Graham Murray, etc)

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Feels better to have Premiership number 2 stitched up in the last 4 years. Tooves will do better with Manly than Des with the Dogs. Pretty confident.

Feels better knowing the Dogs will be round and not forced to merge or fold...

typicalfan

Coach
Mate you exclude his time with the Raiders his winning % is about 40%. At the raiders he had a team that was over the cap and quite frankly Michael Hagan could've win multiple premierships with.
His overall winning % is just on 50% ATM (still less than that of renowned super coaches like Hagan, Henjak, Graham Murray, etc)
Over the cap for 1 season.....a season where they lost the decider. They felt the cost of that and came back and still won a competition.

winning percentage is low, but his finals record is amazing and second only to Bennett through premiership wins. At the end of the day, that statistic is the most valuable.

I would pick him in a top 5.

Big Pete

Referee

What do you have against Murray?

Mr Fourex

Bench
You mean after Henjak nearly f*cked the team. Griffin worked with most of the youngsters you see running around in 1st grade for 2-3 seasons prior to getting the top job.

Looking at the current list of coaches, I would think if Brisbane have a sucessful year as this one was again in 2012, you good definitely rate him in the top 5. I think he'll be there at Brisbane for some time to come.........

What's wrong with sheens?

I have nothing against him other than his Australian coach position. In that capacity I think he's f*cken useless.