What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto Wolfpack Canada cup

Harry O

Juniors
They shouldn't have left SL in the first place. They had some decent crowds at home.

But their backer apparently didn't pay the players and dissapeared lol.

They shouldn't have left SL in the first place. They had some decent crowds at home.

But their backer apparently didn't pay the players and dissapeared lol.

wow, I missed a lot of what happened when they lost their place.

Id love to see an article/documentary going through the events of them losing their SL place

Finally some good news.

This is 100% the way for the game to grow in new markets!

A team (players, coaches and a good back office) focused on one city/region over a long period.

It is useless doing the big events (Vegas, Denver Test, ect.) if there is no follow through and the NRL is just too far away to do that.

These regular competitions (I like that it is all in one stadium) along with some bigger events (eg, 9s WC at Rogers stadium) is how you dig in and become part of the landscape

ACE88

Juniors
SL really F*****up when they decide to drop Toronto. Crowds were reasonable, merchandise was selling all around the world and the Wolfpack name was becoming a well known brand all over the world.

SL could have really benefited financially having a professional team in Canada. They could of had a Magic Round in Toronto, maybe a Preseason Tournament, a World Club Champions Game and so on to promote the Super League Brand

This could have been a foothold into a Super League North American Competition.

Unfortunately Super League Europe really missed the boat on this one.

Hopefully IMG looks at asking them back…

I also think Canada or the US is Englands best chance at developing a “local” rivalry fir the English team (Aus/NZ are too far for anyone to really care…)