What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Deacon

First Grade
Nice win over a pretty average team but having 7 of our first 11 out due to injury and suspension makes it a pretty good result.

6 points from 2 games is a good start.
That was the easy part of our draw now we need to somehow hold on

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That was the easy part of our draw now we need to somehow hold on

The most important game for us is the away game against Dortmund, even a draw will see us finish above them, what happens against RM doesn't really matter.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We made that look like a walk in the park and a pretty good result considering Huddesfiled played at home and only conceded 3 goals all year.

I thought Mooy did OK but Winks and Dier owned the midfield and Winks improvement has been excellent, he really is growing into the PL this kid. Wanyama and Moose apparently available after the international break but apparently Moose has to be managed from here on as he wont ever be 100% again. Lamela and Rose back at training now so we should be able to rotate our players, particularly midfield players pretty soon.

And what more can be said about 'arry, sublime form.

Deacon

First Grade
We made that look like a walk in the park and a pretty good result considering Huddesfiled played at home and only conceded 3 goals all year.

I thought Mooy did OK but Winks and Dier owned the midfield and Winks improvement has been excellent, he really is growing into the PL this kid. Wanyama and Moose apparently available after the international break but apparently Moose has to be managed from here on as he wont ever be 100% again. Lamela and Rose back at training now so we should be able to rotate our players, particularly midfield players pretty soon.

And what more can be said about 'arry, sublime form.
Massive month ahead, Rose and Lamela will be needed

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee a lot of our players looked gased from all the internationals and Bournemeth parked the bus pretty well at Wembly, looking forward to getting players back but we didn't get any one back and Davies pulled out with a fever so we were actually weaker

we still got the job done but really looking forward to getting Rose, Lamela, Dembele, Wanyama and Davies back,

we especially need Wanyama for the games against RM

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that was incredible edge of seat stuff for the second half, geez we showed some fight, Sanchez has to be the buy of the year, he's a 20 year old brick wall

I thought our forwards let us down with chances missed, but you would take a 1 all draw at Madrid any time

amazing result considering our patched up team

I thought Sissy did a pretty good job too

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dortmund drew with Apoel, that result is almost as important as ours, we would have to f**k it up big time not to get out of the group stage from here

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty decent effort that considering the opposition, the fact that that is the first time Aurier has played LFB and Ali dropped back to CM, he has never played there before.

We really do lack depth atm with our injuries to our midfield but the flexibility of the squad has been very good.

And then there's Harry.

TruSaint

Referee
I tell you yids what, .. i know our players are on the radar for bigger / more high profile clubs, but there is one man i wouldnt want to lose right now and that Poch.

Having read about his interaction with players, his disgust at Walker, disappointment with Dier, and belief in the up and comers, he is an outstanding manager.

When i saw the line up against Pool, i thought what ?

As i did when we plated Real.

This guy has a great football brain, loves the place and brings the best out of all.

What a list of games we have ahead of us, and for once i can honestly say, I think we can match it with anyone.

It was 4-1, and I know Pool had 63% posession but we could can been 3 or 4 ahead before half time.

TruSaint

Referee
Well as much as its a League Cup, what a let down.
2 zip ahead and we lose to those morons.

Any silverware right now would be a boost for the club and players...

Very disappointed TBH.
I hope Poch has put a bullet up em cause that was abysmal.

Lets aim up against Manure #COYS

hellteam

First Grade
I reckon Kane currently is better than Bale at his best.

Bale would often score out of nowhere but Kane has been scoring and putting it on a platter for everyone this year - his passing has improved so much.

He looked like he was playing at about 75% fitness tonight, hardly broke into a sprint yet still massively troubled one of the best teams in the world.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He doesn't have Bales pace but Bale wasn't as two footed as Kane, different players.

Gotta say tho I thought RM were below their best, when they went 3 zip down they played as 11 players instead of playing as a team, Ronaldo and Ramos panicked and tried too much instead of being patient and setting the play up.

Shame about Toby tho, we got decent back up in Dier and Moose is back to slot into Dier's midfield spot, hope its not too serious.

Palace this week then the break so hope its just a slight strain.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah Toby's looked much worse than Kane's, wouldn't surprise me to see a 4 week absence or so.

Winks/Sissoko > Modric/Kroos

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its amazing how well Winks has come on this year, Poch must have an huge influence on these kids, he was just another fringe player last year now he plays for England, similarly with Trippier who also had a very good game this morning

TruSaint

Referee
Its amazing how well Winks has come on this year, Poch must have an huge influence on these kids, he was just another fringe player last year now he plays for England, similarly with Trippier who also had a very good game this morning

Agree mate.

Winks is so composed its uncanny, and that only come from confidence even if you have ability, on such a big stage. Poch must play a role in that ..

I was surprised that Aurier was left out, but wow, HOW GOOD was Trips... amazing.

Rates as one of the best wins I have seen in decades. Again, I wouldnt swap our coach for anyone. Good times ahead lads.

COYS...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Trips was picked over Aurier today for his defence, which was pretty damn good and his crossing into the box was brilliant.

Aurier will no doubt play against Palace

TruSaint

Referee
I think Trips was picked over Aurier today for his defence, which was pretty damn good and his crossing into the box was brilliant.

Aurier will no doubt play against Palace

Put it this way champ, its a nice problem to have, but yes I agree he was defensively awesome, and has a brilliant cross in him, which we have seen before. Today though he was one of a few standouts. Great to see Dembele back, even though he looked as though he was going to kill some-one lol .. Beast of a player.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read an article last week that said as a team we ran 12 kilometres further than Madrid and it showed this morning, we just didn't have that edge.

Gazzaniga went OK for a third string keeper, Poch was a fan of his at Soton.

Lucky we have a break, our injury list as of today is Lloris, Vorm, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Winks, Dele, Lamela and Kane.

We need these blokes for the NLD