What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What a shit night, no one in.

Even though we met WBAs valuation for SB and their board agreed to sell, Pierce said he will not deal with Levy and now looks like SB is gonna do an Ade. Levy really has pissed him off for some reason.

Witzel has just tweeted that he would have been a Spurs layer if we didn't leave our run too late as Zenit had no time to replace him.

I think Levy has cost us big time. We got one striker only and a CB and a bunch of kids as our mids and a very small squad, not much to look forward to but hey, as usual we had a zero net spend and the lowest of all the EPL teams so Levy's bank account will look pretty good.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
What a shit night, no one in.

Even though we met WBAs valuation for SB and their board agreed to sell, Pierce said he will not deal with Levy and now looks like SB is gonna do an Ade. Levy really has pissed him off for some reason.

Witzel has just tweeted that he would have been a Spurs layer if we didn't leave our run too late as Zenit had no time to replace him.

I think Levy has cost us big time. We got one striker only and a CB and a bunch of kids as our mids and a very small squad, not much to look forward to but hey, as usual we had a zero net spend and the lowest of all the EPL teams so Levy's bank account will look pretty good.

That isn't true at all mate.

Southampton were in the negative for net spending.

Stokes was second lowest with 3 and Everton third lowest with 5..

Both Tottenham and Liverpool need to feel frustrated with the window, I know we go in some shiney new toys, and you got Son, but realistically none of our big issues were addressed.

Deacon

First Grade
Once again not surprised by our transfer window action, our long term strategy of leaving things late is pure crap and needs to be addressed. If and buts don't cut it

cb4

First Grade
Once again not surprised by our transfer window action, our long term strategy of leaving things late is pure crap and needs to be addressed. If and buts don't cut it

I was chuffed when we started doing things early, but then we went all out attack and fixed no issues. We didn't get a CB to compete with Skrtle, we didn't get fullback depth, we didn't get a real keeper to compete with Migs, and we didn't get a DM.

I really rate Roberto Firmino, but he was not needed this window. We should have brought him last window instead of Lallana. We have wasted 54million pounds on 2 guys in the same position as Coutinho and as a result our defense is screwed for another season.

I don't understand how you guys just coasted through that window. It's frustrating. Instead of putting pressure on the top 4, we seem to have let the gap widen.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That isn't true at all mate.

Southampton were in the negative for net spending.

Stokes was second lowest with 3 and Everton third lowest with 5..

Both Tottenham and Liverpool need to feel frustrated with the window, I know we go in some shiney new toys, and you got Son, but realistically none of our big issues were addressed.

I saw a table published last week after we bought Son that had us on -5mill meaning we made a profit of 5 mill.

I will see if I can find it again.

We had a budget of 40mill for the last two players but thats history now

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

unfortunately VDV was a one off and I cant see it happening again

cb4

First Grade
I saw a table published last week after we bought Son that had us on -5mill meaning we made a profit of 5 mill.

I will see if I can find it again.

We had a budget of 40mill for the last two players but thats history now

I found it for you.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 9

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
3345200.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We spent more than 78 million though.

its not as though the British press ever get anything wrong, particularly when it comes to transfers

I read a report yesterday saying we had signed Berahino subject to a medical

cb4

First Grade
Agree on that. I would like to see the strike rate on British press rumours.

Son is a very good player. Little bit jealous you got him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I also read a report that Spurs are chasing Jarryd Hayne but the 49er apparently snapped him up.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Outside the transfer window too.

And in further good news we actually won a game.

And now for the bad news, 4 games in 9 days coming up.

We need to keep the schedule in mind:

9/17: Qarabag (Europa)

9/20: Crystal Palace

9/23: Arsenal

9/26: Manchester City

hellteam

First Grade
We really needed this win.

Ok so I'll admit, I had not seen much of Son at all before we signed him, and there are people saying he's a good signing... BUT.... to me he just seems an exact copy of the wingers we have. Drift inside, shoot. Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, all do that. Crowd's the middle so much, Kane can't make any runs at all.

We need a winger that keeps the width. Townsend actually did that quite well when he came on.

Deacon

First Grade
We really needed this win.

Ok so I'll admit, I had not seen much of Son at all before we signed him, and there are people saying he's a good signing... BUT.... to me he just seems an exact copy of the wingers we have. Drift inside, shoot. Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, all do that. Crowd's the middle so much, Kane can't make any runs at all.

We need a winger that keeps the width. Townsend actually did that quite well when he came on.

love this post, Ive never been a fan of the wingers who cut in but obviously its a Poch treight, id rather use the whole width of the field and using pace and direct cross deliveries. We were at our very best many seasons ago with players that did this.

Latest posts