What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch tournament in Perth

Alehana

Juniors
Keen to play some league, but for now has to be non-contact, so any1 know of any competitions of touch on in perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tough Rugby is huge. There are loads of teams and games and you can just go along and try it out (I played at Sth Perth ground), usually some team looking for an extra player. I gave it a go but realised why I packed in playing the real thing!

Not sure when the season runs but try here: www.touchwest.com

b0rt

Juniors
Tough Rugby is huge. There are loads of teams and games and you can just go along and try it out (I played at Sth Perth ground), usually some team looking for an extra player. I gave it a go but realised why I packed in playing the real thing!

Not sure when the season runs but try here: www.touchwest.com

dont hear it called that much :D
i dunno where you find it aye, its all over the place, ive played a fair amount at uni

Nuke

Staff member
Also, during the off season, OzTag is played on Wednesday nights (and at North Beach too, which should suit you!). Season usually kicks off mid-October I guess. If you want (and if I remember!) I can let you know when it starts and you can come along for a run to see how you like it.

Alehana

Juniors
Also, during the off season, OzTag is played on Wednesday nights (and at North Beach too, which should suit you!). Season usually kicks off mid-October I guess. If you want (and if I remember!) I can let you know when it starts and you can come along for a run to see how you like it.

Cheers mate, i was meant to play in flag belt earlier this year at north beach with teachers from my school, but that fell thru cause 2 moved over east,

I wanted to do some at uwa, but their sport program is so baised against first years so i missed out.

b0rt

Juniors
I wanted to do some at uwa, but their sport program is so baised against first years so i missed out.
thats not true at all! the UWA touch team isnt biased agaisnt 1st years
its biased against everyone who isn't great friends with everyone on it
I got invited to play for it in the mixed inter-uni touch tournament because they were short on numbers and boy did i get made to feel welcome. Cool people once i got to know them a bit (once given the chance). That said even though i went well (we won every game I played ad lost the only one i didnt, which was the grandfinal) Im still not part of the team haha

Alehana

Juniors
thats not true at all! the UWA touch team isnt biased agaisnt 1st years
its biased against everyone who isn't great friends with everyone on it
I got invited to play for it in the mixed inter-uni touch tournament because they were short on numbers and boy did i get made to feel welcome. Cool people once i got to know them a bit (once given the chance). That said even though i went well (we won every game I played ad lost the only one i didnt, which was the grandfinal) Im still not part of the team haha

serious! well i'm only new to uwa, but i get the feeling its baised in all sports to ppl who arn't 'in' with it, so i've given up on uni sport, 1 of the main reasons i went to uwa, wanted to play alot of sport, but i'm playing none. put my name down on o-day for everything, havent heard a thing!!! so annoyed, so i'm relying on outside competitions now, but its real hard to get a team cause my friends are afl lovers, and hate touch (reckon its gay) are u at uwa b0rt?

b0rt

Juniors
yeh im at UWA, i do bachelor of science (exercise and health). what do you do?
there are a lot of tight groups for most of the sports, best way to crack them is to participate in the interfaculty sports
but i cant remember really hearing about those in first year. this is the first year ive really played any sports at/for uni outside of my course.

Alehana

Juniors
WOW, a league fan at uwa!!! ur the only other 1 i know.

bachelor of engineering
interfaculity is sh!t for engineers, again u have to know ppl, for touch i was looking foreward to it, got an email about it, then on the day was talking to a friend who was going to do it, and he says u have to ask the team captain cause there may not be enough places, so i went up to the guy, he said u can play, but u wont get that much game time (mainly cause he didn't know who i was) got the impression he didn't want me there ect, so i thought fu*k that, i'll go to my tute instead, never supporting enginnering again, looking to change faculities (just for sport) lot of friends in science and commerce so may look to them. what year r u?

Latest posts