What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse personel the plan to 2012.

winnyason

Juniors
Without putting the cart before the house, no doubt this year's side only had short notice to put together a competitive squad. Without nathan wynn they are a cellar side.
Recruitment wise they attracted courtrier back to league, worth, wynn and ansleme.

I will put my head on the line and say that crowds won't be a problem for them come 2012 franchise decisions, it all depends on if they put more sides in come 2012. This is very iffy considering the stadiums promises but no work at many clubs st. helens, bradford, castleford, salford(the bullsh*t story to get into sl), wakefield and catalans are acutally doing work to there ground to bring it up to 12 k at the end of this year.

If the put in more sides the way i see it fax, widnes, leigh will fight out one spot with the likely side the winner of nl1 2 of of three years while To xiii will get the other IF they get there personel in order this was the problem last time.

Rinaldi should be approached as le strange has been signed by bulls so that will see julian leave. At some time i would imagine raguin will return at some stage maybe even next given kevin walters effect on players.
While players such as tony gigot and tamghert should be looked at while elite players moly, gresque, saudoni should also be approached.
here is a list of players they should look at next season.

raguin, duport, a. bentley, quintella (catalans), rinaldi(bulls), gigot(quins), moly, saudoni(asc), tamghert(halifax), greque(pia), barthau(utc).

It all depends on where they need to strengthen the squad... I'm not sure it's clear where they need to do so - it's a handy group of players. At the moment they're clearly losing due to Wynn not being there to provide direction - and even the best squad is going to lose without a general.

jim_57

Staff member
raguin, duport, a. bentley, quintella (catalans), rinaldi(bulls), gigot(quins), moly, saudoni(asc), tamghert(halifax), greque(pia), barthau(utc).

Out of that list I would rule out Raguin and Barthau for starters, Raguin may join them when the get into SL but I doubt he'll want to step back in playing level. If Perry is re-signed for next year which I don't think he will be then Barthau becomes second choice halfback at Catalans so I don't think he'll want to let go of that oppurtunity and Catalans won't want to let him go.

Of the others I would like to see Gigot try and stay with Quins but the rest are all good possibilites. Duport, Bentley, Quintilla don't get much game time at Catalans so they may look for a first team position elsewhere. The Elite players you mention are possibilities, Greseque would be handy but it's a matter of attitude for him. Rinaldi would definatley be a very handy signing.

I would add Amar Sabri, Michael Simon and David Gaush to the list.

Of their current side I would like to see the following players remain all the way though their time in the Championship and the start of SL. They already have a decent core of a SL side they should try hold on to, it's just a matter of filling the positions around them.

2. Payan
3. Planas
6. Villegas
7. N Wynne
8. Griffi
12. Maria
13. Anselme

I know this is the "how many french players can we get into the side" game but Brendan Worth has re-signed with the club for next year at least so he's in there and they'd be absolutely insane to lose Martin Mitchell. Tim Wynn is also playing extremely well they'd be mad to let him go as well.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using their quota positions to get the side into a position for SL. They need them to be successful and qualify for the license.

2. Payan
3. Planas
6. Villegas
7. N Wynn
8. Griffi
9. Mitchell
10. Worth
11. T Wynn
12. Maria
13. Anselme

jim_57

Staff member
I know this is the "how many french players can we get into the side" game but Brendan Worth has re-signed with the club for next year at least so he's in there and they'd be absolutely insane to lose Martin Mitchell. Tim Wynn is also playing extremely well they'd be mad to let him go as well.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using their quota positions to get the side into a position for SL. They need them to be successful and qualify for the license.

I see what you're saying but whether they can stand up to SL is still in Question IMO. Also by the time they reach 2012 they will have a larger budget and I imagine they will be loooking for established stars to take their quota places. Some may remain, but I don't think all of them will.

What will the quota be by 2012? I thought it was 5? although I thinik exceptions are being made for Catalans (not needed) and Celtic so it will probably work the same way for Toulouse.

I see what you're saying but whether they can stand up to SL is still in Question IMO. Also by the time they reach 2012 they will have a larger budget and I imagine they will be loooking for established stars to take their quota places. Some may remain, but I don't think all of them will.

I was talking about the immediate future - i.e between 2010 and 2012. Obviously, if and when they make Super League I'd be surprised if any of their current Aussie players would make the cut. Nathan Wynn, if he's still around, may get a season in the big time.

winnyason

Juniors
Thanks for the grammar lesson, really good point can you tell me how to tie my laces.
No doubt they should target rinaldi, as he is without a club.

marv

Juniors
Thanks for the grammar lesson, really good point can you tell me how to tie my laces.
No doubt they should target rinaldi, as he is without a club.

They should be looking at rinaldi, so should a few other clubs he could do a good job for a few clubs in SL IMO

jim_57

Staff member
I was talking about the immediate future - i.e between 2010 and 2012. Obviously, if and when they make Super League I'd be surprised if any of their current Aussie players would make the cut. Nathan Wynn, if he's still around, may get a season in the big time.

OK fair enough, I just wanted to outline the players I think they should try and keep and build a SL squad around. I don't think many if any of the Australians will be in the SL starting 13, they will probably "upgrade" their imports so to speak and try and keep the best French talent around them.

winnyason

Juniors
Import wise of course they will upgrade, damien quinn is the rumours doing the rounds from celtic. Rinaldi may stay at bulls with newton joining wakefield.
Duport, a. bentley are a good chance of joining next year with the lack of oppotunities at dragons.