What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Rumours

Macca_

Coach
Not a movement, but a contract signing.

Read that Timmy Cahill signed on for a further 5 seasons at the Toffees.

(May have been posted somewhere already)...

DB

First Grade
Man Utd have won their appeal, and Anderson has been given a work permit.

DB

First Grade
I read on fox sports news that they had to play 75% of the internationals for the past 2 seasons, which in Andersons case didn't do. But Man U appealed saying that he is an exceptional talent or something like that, and won their appeal.

fish eel

Immortal
DB said:
I read on fox sports news that they had to play 75% of the internationals for the past 2 seasons, which in Andersons case didn't do. But Man U appealed saying that he is an exceptional talent or something like that, and won their appeal.

It's alone those lines.

Rationale goes you need to be a player of decent ability to get a UK work permit if you do not have a UK or EU passport.

I'm pretty sure there was an issue with a socceroo, possibly Mark Viduka, when he went to Leeds had a reference from Terry Venebles to ensure he got the permit.

lolesi

First Grade
Luis Garcia (Liverpool) - Atletico Madrid

Fernando Torres (Atletico) - Liverpool

MrSharky

Juniors
Christian Chivu (AS Roma) :arrow: Real Madrid CF for €18 Million

From what I've seen of him, he is a very elegant defender with excellent technical ability, so he should fit in quite well IMO. Although we do have a pretty poor track record with former Serie A defenders for some reason. IMO he is a far better player than Heinze (who we were previously linked with) although it's important to remember that noone will be quite the same as Roberto Carlos. :(

Hopefully hybrid will fill me in a bit more though. There's no doubt in my mind that we spent maybe a little too much, but only because Barca and Inter were also heavily interested...

As for out backline next season:

Casillas

Cicinho--S.Ramos--Cannavaro--Chivu

Backups: Miguel Torres, Metzelder, Helguera, Marcelo, and Salgado(?)

To me it looks like a backline capable of challenging for the Champions League.. although I'm a bit biased.. What's everyone else's thoughts?

icon6.gif

chivu is a top line defender, excellent replacement for roberto carlos, but they play different styles, madrid fans wont recognise that and will demand roberto carlos style runs

Latest posts