What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Treister ?

squiddy

Juniors
A friend told me Treister was seen at Wanda this morning training with the sharks , doing a run / swim event .

Have we resigned him or was he just visiting his old mate Stu Raper ?

SirShire

First Grade
Shiiiiit!

Good stuff. Maybe they already knoe about Ando's fate from the board? I'd love to see Deano back in the black, white and blue.

2004 is going to be a big year.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Rumours of Treister returning have been going around for a while. Not too much new about this one.

Special K

Coach
..What if Opes stays? then what will Deano do?

Shouldn't he have a back up plan just in case?

But then again I have my doubts to if he was there but then if he was it doesn't shock me.

what a f**king stupid post. I need to go to bed

imasharkie

Coach
Hulkamanic 36 said:
..What if Opes stays? then what will Deano do?

Shouldn't he have a back up plan just in case?

But then again I have my doubts to if he was there but then if he was it doesn't shock me.

what a f***ing stupid post. I need to go to bed

huh :roll:

Shark

Bench
Hulkamanic 36 said:

Good, p!ss off to bed if that's the best you have to offer.

Dean has been back in Aus for a while, since the UK season is obviously over. If you cast your mind back to the time he departed, you'll recall he left in a BIT of a hurry, so no doubt he has plenty of catching up to do, as well as plenty of loose ends to attend to that were left hanging after AndoGate 1.

According to those that know, Dean remains unsigned for 2004. I had heard rumours that this was largely due to Ando putting the boot into the bloke to any other coach who would listen, both here and in the UK.

Oh how sweet it will be if Sludge is able to re-sign him. Hell, at $100K per season on a 2 year deal, he'd be a steal anyway, even if he'd never worn our colours. And we're not exactly well off for good #9's. Bosnich did OK, but he's not a natural rake. Gibbo became another victim of Ando's poor people skills, and Sullivan needs to concentrate on a position in the halves, especially if Ando walks and Noddy suddenly forgets how to play football without him, like he did at the Beagles.

Deano, come on home. Sharks Management take note - All would ALMOST be forgiven if you go after Deano's signature.

Bring Back Dean? That's MY team.

Genius Freak said:
For all to be forgiven: Sign Keith Senior

I was thinking the same thing watching the game, but I doubt we could offer him the money. He was pretty awesome in attack but I didn't really pay much attention to what he was like in defence. Even so, playing on a soggy English bog track is a bit different from playing on our rock hard grounds.

Anonymous

Juniors
Although anyone who has watched GB play against Australia on a regular basis would realise that Senior usually makes whoever is marking him look like a complete amateur. I don't know how he goes in the Super League - never seen him play - but he seems to consistently tear defenses apart on the international stage.

carcharias

Immortal
if he's the bald bloke ,yeah Ive seen him play on foxtel whilst having a countery at the RSL on Fridays . He goes good.

I concur Garbo.

I was stunned by his effectiveness at the Sevens in February. Player of the tournament I say.

(But then again I was also impressed by Andrew Emilio and Jarrad Anderson, so maybe I was drunk)

Anonymous

Juniors
Yeah, I don't think it takes too much to dominate in the sevens... but he's still an absolute gun. He and Paul Anderson have always been my favourite Pommy players. I reckon I must have something for ugly bald blokes... :lol:

Special K

Coach
Shark said:
Hulkamanic 36 said:

Good, p!ss off to bed if that's the best you have to offer.
:lol: :lol: And who are you? Whats wrong? Sullyfan turn you down? My post made sense up until the last line. I was saying in that last line I don't think he would be hanging around the club if Opes was to be coach but maybe he knows something we don't.

Oh and Gibson and Opes didn't have a fall out...

Special K

Coach
incredible_holc said:
then why was he dropped and never heard of again whilst he was playing alright footy?
Opes wanted Bos there.

Bosnich ended the year at hooker going great. Making a thousand tackles and having some good runs. With a big off season and some work on his passing game he could be a great hooker for us.

Morpheus

Juniors
Senior is widely regarded as one of the best centres in the world, it is typical of our own insular approach to international rugby league that people are only just talking about him here after his fine match on the weekend, when if one cared to look outside our little NRL box, one would see there are plenty of quality players in the UK and other nations that given a chance in the NRL, would shine.

Graeme horne, GBS winger on the weekend is one that I compar to Darren Lockyer, he had never played on the wing before the game on the weekend so do not read too much into that, he is a fullback.

spooky

Juniors
Morpheus said:
Senior is widely regarded as one of the best centres in the world, it is typical of our own insular approach to international rugby league that people are only just talking about him here after his fine match on the weekend, when if one cared to look outside our little NRL box, one would see there are plenty of quality players in the UK and other nations that given a chance in the NRL, would shine.

Graeme horne, GBS winger on the weekend is one that I compar to Darren Lockyer, he had never played on the wing before the game on the weekend so do not read too much into that, he is a fullback.

That's Richard Horne. He is actually a half back but is also very skilled in the fullback role and spent the last half of the season covering for our injured 1st choice fullback. I fully expect him to take the number 7 shirt at hull next season. You're right about him never playing on the wing before and he coped incredibly well with it but is much more effective when at the centre of the action. Graeme Horne is his younger brother and he looks to have all of the skills that Rich posseses but is a bigger lad and will probably end up at hooker or loose forward.

Senior actually had quite a quiet domestic season and really only started to fire in the last month. I reckon he was saving his best for you lot. :D

As for Deano, everyone at Hull was sad to see him leave us but with money the way it is there was no way we could keep him. I think that's the main reason he hasn't got a new deal - he's pricing himslef out of the market a bit. I hope Anderson gets the boot and Deano returns to the Sharks as I'm certain that's what he wants more than anything else.

Latest posts