What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin on Anthony Griffin

Kilkenny

Coach
Now Tamou is settled, I think he'll play a big part for us. I think people underestimate he impact changing clubs / environments etc. & having to deal with the expectation of being a marquee signing, has on a player.

Remarkable how quickly people are willing to write him off.

I agree I think he will be very good for us in 2018.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I dont see how an injury to a utility who was likely to miss our top 17 anyway has any effect on Mez playing prop or lock.

If Peach or May ends up utility... theres really not much difference to what role we want from Merrin.

Letting Latu go made it more important for Mez in the front row. Left us with only 2 above average front rowers
Panthers staff are heavily considering having May bulk up and put him at Lock. Merrin to prop. This was in an SMH article a month or two ago.

That still will probably happen as the it doesn't say "were" and this was after May's injury anyway. But for the time being, Merrin stays at Lock.