What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial 2: Newcastle Knights v Melbourne Storm - Saturday 24th February - Churchill Park Fiji

slotmachine

First Grade
1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Enari Tuala
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Leo Thompson
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Dylan Lucas
13. Adam Elliott

14. Jack Cogger
15. Daniel Saifiti
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Kai Pearce-Paul

18. Tom Cant
19. Riley Jones
20. David Armstrong
21. Will Pryce
22. Jed Cartwright
23. Brodie Jones
24. Tom Jenkins
25. Fletcher Sharpe
26. Laitia Moceidreke
27. Fletcher Myers

Yosh

Coach
Would love to see Armstrong VS. Tuala for that wing spot. Also I thought Jed was great in his first outing. KPP looks the better prospect but if he isn't ready, more than happy to see Jed get a run round 1.

Woody90

Juniors
I’d play Jones (Riley) over Cogger in the 14 if Brailey is out. Cogger would be more a “can’t leave him out” selection while can’t really see what he could cover other than a halves injury? Can Gamble play hooker? Could bring Cogger on and move Gamble there but I don’t like switching halves up mid game.

Yosh

Coach
I’d play Jones (Riley) over Cogger in the 14 if Brailey is out. Cogger would be more a “can’t leave him out” selection while can’t really see what he could cover other than a halves injury?
Jones seemed really raw the other day. Looks electric but full of errors. Great prospect by the looks of it though.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Left field suggestion

can Gamble play on the wing and Pryce to 6

fella is probably lanky and fast enough to get the job done

probably dumb, I just want to see more Pryce

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’d play Jones (Riley) over Cogger in the 14 if Brailey is out. Cogger would be more a “can’t leave him out” selection while can’t really see what he could cover other than a halves injury? Can Gamble play hooker? Could bring Cogger on and move Gamble there but I don’t like switching halves up mid game.
Cogger was playing at hooker a bit for Penrith last year so I can see him doing a bit of that this year too. Also it’s very handy having a genuine half on the bench, especially one as competent as him.
It’s going to be an interesting dilemma when Brailey is fully fit, at least he won’t need to be rushed back with Phoenix proving to be a good replacement. Although whether Brailey goes straight back into the starting 9 jersey remains to be seen.

PhilGould

Bench
Pryce should have the NSW Cup 6 jersey nailed to his back for the first couple of months of the season at least. If he's going really well and there's reason to shakeup the NRL team then you can look to bring him in.

Shoehorning him onto the bench to fill in whatever holes pop up during games wouldn't be doing him or his development any favours.

Woody90

Juniors
I feel a bit shit for Pryce. By all reports his preferred position is fullback and when he signed for us that was a real possibility for him with KP’s proposed move to 6. For all we know he signed with us with the view to keep developing as a 1.

All this talk about trying to squeeze him into the backline or the bench somewhere but who knows if he even wants to play there.

Woody90

Juniors
Hhmm I might be wrong but I thought I remembered him saying he saw himself as a 1 and that’s where he wanted to play long-term. Might have misread though.

PhilGould

Bench
He was negotiating and signing with the Knights midway through 2022 before there was any sniff of Ponga moving to 6 as well, wouldn’t stress about it

perverse

Referee
Croker managed to play himself out of a jersey. Given how light we are in the middle depth wise I'm sure he'll still see plenty of game time this year. Good looking team though. Wouldn't mind if Gags got one of his clangers for the year out of the way this week.

Frederick

Staff member
Didn't Croker cop a high shot in the first trial? Maybe delayed concussion symptoms? Or just given a rest because of the high shot?

I feel a bit shit for Pryce. By all reports his preferred position is fullback and when he signed for us that was a real possibility for him with KP’s proposed move to 6. For all we know he signed with us with the view to keep developing as a 1.

All this talk about trying to squeeze him into the backline or the bench somewhere but who knows if he even wants to play there.
he will be a handy Tedesco replacement or playing outside Walker once Keary is gone.