What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial Match Footage

TheRev

First Grade
Finally a rival to Foxtels monopoly on NRL Coverage! I loved the Dugan try, can you imagine the poor Cutters defender being faced with an aerial Dugan 5 metres out from the line lol.

I tell you what though, its like watching a new team, I cant recognise anybody from that distance...

jenninga

First Grade
Looks like Williams will live up to expectations but I guess we can't get to carried away against weak opposition. A good 1st trial. I thought they all played well from what I saw. Who was half in the 3rd quarter?

Drinkwater played a little at half with Widdop then reverted to 5/8 and Williams came back on.
Even DW looked eager and showed more confidence the little time he played.

moik

Bench
Thanks for the vid. Green looks massive. Not sure if his future is on the wing.

bottle

Coach
Thanks for the vid. Green looks massive. Not sure if his future is on the wing.

He was very strong too. Seemed like every time he went through the ruck it took a few to hang on to him and they struggled to put him down as he dragged them along. Future back rower surely.

TheRev

First Grade
Greens only ever chance was as a forward, I suspect that Price is gradually coming to that conclusion since he has bulked up so much, but he needs to play 'somewhere' until hes ready.

What will be interesting to see is to see where he is select for the cutters.. id certainly hope that if we had any injury to BMoz or Nightingale, that it would be guys like Runciman/Farrell/Beale filling those vacant wing spots (i.e. whichever isnt selected @ centre).

BrissyRedV

Bench
Great footage Krispy.

Green is definitely looking bigger. Starting to grow into his frame. Reminds me of another ranga that started in the outside backs... Our current captain. Could be a long term investment.

Some good footage of Williams too. Looks a bit more solid well. Great to see a good half taking the ball to the line.

stg666

Juniors
pheewww. got my fix and am feeling good about the season to come. thank you so much krispy deamon.

Juniors
yep great work kripsy. good to see we finally have some halves and centres on the paddock.

BrissyRedV

Bench
You would have to suggest it is pretty poor form and a missed opportunity by both our management and the nrls that they do not have the trials televised. In a time when our club is struggling for coin and with hugely eager fans wanting to see the new team run out we all had to rely on a proactive fan to film it on his phone to get our first glimpses of our new look team.

TheRev

First Grade
You would have to suggest it is pretty poor form and a missed opportunity by both our management and the nrls that they do not have the trials televised. In a time when our club is struggling for coin and with hugely eager fans wanting to see the new team run out we all had to rely on a proactive fan to film it on his phone to get our first glimpses of our new look team.

I agree, the games I really want to see though are the Cutters and NYC games, after getting a taste of it in 2013, id like to see all the games televised on an NRL only channel during the week or whenever..

Cost wise is im sure is the problem, they must run a skeleton camera crew for these games, no extra angles or anything, and they need a commentator, but im sure there would be a long line-up of ex/current players keen to get a start commentating on low $$.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I agree, the games I really want to see though are the Cutters and NYC games, after getting a taste of it in 2013, id like to see all the games televised on an NRL only channel during the week or whenever..

Cost wise is im sure is the problem, they must run a skeleton camera crew for these games, no extra angles or anything, and they need a commentator, but im sure there would be a long line-up of ex/current players keen to get a start commentating on low $$.

I am sure a profit could be made. There always seems to be a lot of anticipation at this time of year and am sure most years we are all well sick of the cricket.

If the afl can get a 24 / 7 channel how can the nrl not? Surely it could be profitable and the greater exposure to the 2nd tier comps the better. We all like to see the up and coming players and surely more exposure would lead to an upgrade on sponsorship deals etc.

TheRev

First Grade
If the afl can get a 24 / 7 channel how can the nrl not? Surely it could be profitable and the greater exposure to the 2nd tier comps the better. We all like to see the up and coming players and surely more exposure would lead to an upgrade on sponsorship deals etc.
Yep im actually thinking were heading in that direction.. its just a question of when... I guess it takes someone to drive that kind of change.

Latest posts