What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Newcastle Thread

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Why do people think that is a strong team? Ponga has injury issues but has been good when given an opportunity but it remains to be seen if he is ready for NRL every week. Their backline all have defensive issues but will start them on the front foot. Watson is a good player who will probably do better with more time on the park and Pearce is a very good club player. Jacob and Daniel Saifiti can be very good players they just need to become more consistent, same with Ese'ese. Griffin isn't a good dummy half, Levi should be starting with Griffin coming off the bench. Their second-rowers are meh. Buhrer and Heighington on the bench makes them small with minimal impact.

For mine, overall, this is still a bottom 4 team but having Pearce and the potential for their younger forwards to step up they could push for 9-12.

The score will depend on how long each team's top 17 plays but if this is Newcastle's best 17 for the trial I'd hate to see what their depth looks like. I think our talent runs deeper than Newcastles.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Why do people think that is a strong team? Ponga has injury issues but has been good when given an opportunity but it remains to be seen if he is ready for NRL every week. Their backline all have defensive issues but will start them on the front foot. Watson is a good player who will probably do better with more time on the park and Pearce is a very good club player. Jacob and Daniel Saifiti can be very good players they just need to become more consistent, same with Ese'ese. Griffin isn't a good dummy half, Levi should be starting with Griffin coming off the bench. Their second-rowers are meh. Buhrer and Heighington on the bench makes them small with minimal impact.

For mine, overall, this is still a bottom 4 team but having Pearce and the potential for their younger forwards to step up they could push for 9-12.

The score will depend on how long each team's top 17 plays but if this is Newcastle's best 17 for the trial I'd hate to see what their depth looks like. I think our talent runs deeper than Newcastles.
Not a great team but I have no doubt about Ponga being a gun.

He is the reincarnation of a young Lockyer.

Pearce is just not a very good player.

Watson is ok but a runner of the ball more than anything.

Griffin ok.

Rest of the team is just "meh"

Last edited: