What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Penrith

Chipmunk

Coach
Team for this weekend has been announced

Parramatta Eels v Penrith Panthers, Feb 18, 7:10pm AEDT, Pepper Stadium

Eels:1. Bevan French, 2. Semi Radradra, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Brad Takairangi, 5. Josh Hoffman, 6. Clint Gutherson, 7. Troy Dargan, 8. Suaia Matagi, 9. Kaysa Pritchard, 10. Tim Mannah (c), 11. Manu Ma’u, 12. Tepai Moeroa, 13. Beau Scott (c). Interchange: 14. Nathan Brown, 15. Kenny Edwards, 16. Daniel Alvaro, 17. Frank Pritchard.

http://www.nrl.com/world-club-challenge-and-trials-team-lists/tabid/10874/newsid/103765/default.aspx

Chipmunk

Coach
Panthers name a strong side

Panthers:1. Matt Moylan (c), 2. Dean Whare, 3. Waqa Blake, 4. Tyrone Peachey, 5. Peta Hiku, 6. Te Maire Martin, 7. Nathan Cleary, 8. James Tamou, 9. Peter Wallace, 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard, 11. James Fisher-Harris, 12. Isaah Yeo, 13. Bryce Cartwright. Interchange: 14. Mitch Rein, 15. Leilani Latu, 16. Sam Mckendry, 17. Moses Leota, 18. Dylan Edwards, 19. Corey Harawira-Naera, 20. Sitaleki Akauola, 21. Tim Browne.

http://www.nrl.com/world-club-challenge-and-trials-team-lists/tabid/10874/newsid/103765/default.aspx

emjaycee

Coach
I like the look of our side.
Be interested to see how Dargan goes against the grown ups and how Kaysa handles potentially 80 mins in the 9.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So Dargan at this stage is in front of Fogarty (reckon Robson will be first half back up)

And Pritchard is in front of King.

De Gois / Norman not playing.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I like the look of our side.
Be interested to see how Dargan goes against the grown ups and how Kaysa handles potentially 80 mins in the 9.

Don't reckon he will play 80mins, the bench will be extended on game day and King/Robson will get some time there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So Dargan at this stage is in front of Fogarty (reckon Robson will be first half back up)

And Pritchard is in front of King.

De Gois / Norman not playing.

I think that's an assumption, maybe we just want to see how much his game has matured, if at all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think BA wants to look at him now rather than wait till the season starts. We saw plenty of the Fog in the 9s, although it was only the 9s. Dargan didn't get a run at all.

He may just want to see if he is worth persevering with or he has to go out an buy another half, like Sterlo says.

I really dont know but that would be my guess.

I think BA wants to look at him now rather than wait till the season starts. We saw plenty of the Fog in the 9s, although it was only the 9s. Dargan didn't get a run at all.

He may just want to see if he is worth persevering with or he has to go out an buy another half, like Sterlo says.

I really dont know but that would be my guess.
Similar to my guess. BA might want to see him as the team might struggle without a decent kicker, thus Gutho is most under threat.

Forty20

First Grade
Alas there will be no live stream for any of the games on Saturday. Sorry guys, I tried.

Looking forward to the games though and I will be live updating them if it is any consolation. Holden Cup will be a great test for our young team as Penrith are almost always a handful in that grade. Quite a few of the ISP players should back up into the NRL trial if recent years are any gauge to go on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dargan preferred over Fog, I was totally underwhelmed by the Fog at the nines and it sounds like Dargan outplayed him against the Titans.

Maybe BA sees enough in Dargan to fast track him into first grade by next season??? That's a strong Panthers side should be a really good test to see where we are at.

Last edited:
Both pretty strong sides, no norman for us make the panthers a little stronger.
If both the teams named play the bulk of the match Panthers would be favorites.
Not worried about the result in anycase it's gets match fitness and player combos that counts.

Latest posts