What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Almost four times for 4 tries
Not only the frequency of the tries but they are just manhandling us. A couple of those tries we had 3 or 4 players there to stop it. Unsuccessfully.

Our attack in the red zone is not even reserve grade quality.

What have we been doing at training over the summer?

Based on this lack of effort and execution we have another spoon coming our way.

Tigerm

First Grade
There were some assholes in here picking us for the 8 because of our good off-season. As I've said.....our issues are not going to end over an off season. This rebuild will take time.
I’m not righting the season off, after 40 mins of a trial.
That said, agree we are playing poor this game, so far.

Wizardman

First Grade
Normally, I hate it when people bag a team because of a trial.....but I have to make an exception for tonight.

I could excuse us for not being slick in attack as we have a lot of new pieces in our halves......but I cannot excuse the soft defence in three of the tries that I saw. This was our top grade side that really needs to put the foot down as we don't have another game for three f**king weeks.
Saints are playing well.....but my f**k three of those tries were very soft. Do better f**kheads!!!

Nutz

Bench
We are sitting back on our line and waiting for the attack to engage. They need to get up quickly in a straight line and stop the big men from getting momentum.
We are completing well but not getting over the advantage line in attack.
Our big men are disappointing.
Sullivan not performing under pressure.
We need someone like Bateman to wake up our team.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Samuela Fainu will play NRL for a while. He was one of very few that showed promise in the fwds that generally lacked intensity.
Lachlan Galvin has a big future.
Where the **** was Solomon Alaimalo?

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I’m not righting the season off, after 40 mins of a trial.
That said, agree we are playing poor this game, so far.
I can say after watching them tonight they have not progressed at all. They still have the same dramas in defence and attack, there’s just nothing there, the structures breakdown too easily, and they don’t have the talent or blokes willing to put in the effort it takes to cover the mistakes. It’s a harsh assessment but true. I would be surprised if they did better than bottom two this year. They are a write off for 2024.

Galvin looks a proper footy player, a season under his belt a bit of man strength and a few kgs he’ll go good but I doubt he’ll stay with the tigers tbh.

WA Tiger

Bench
Api will get better....but he was poor tonight. I thought his passing was unusually off the mark tonight.
APIs Pass was slow and too high at times. Preferred Simpkin
Woefull effort. Same as last year. A complete inability to see what’s going on and pass the ball. Sezer looked average. I’d put in Galvin straight away. Doesn’t matter his size or age. He looks like he wants to win everything and his play tells me he’s ready.
Why was stains and Tupou still on 10 out from half time. Another brain explosion from Tupou with the drop ball by jareem.. May be harsh but wouldn’t bet on it..Staines? Did nothing
Benji had better flick the switch or by magic round he will dissapear in a puff of smoke

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
It's going to be a long miserable year if that's what we're going to dish up each week.
We lost the physical battle from the kick off as we looked punitive against the bigger fitter guys.
Too many times we sat on our heels waiting for them to come to us.
Samuela Fainu looks like he'll develop into a goodin for us.

Wizardman

First Grade
Absolute crap from the boys last night. We have not improved one f**king ioata from last year.

*IP....this needs to be said....why on Earth have we got nowhere near his best footy from the bloke? At Parra, he was close to being the best backrower on the world. We have seen NOTHING like that form at this club.

*Api.......get better! When Simpkin looks more stable than you, time to get back to basics and put the ball on your halves chest.

*Sullivan.....where the f**k was he last night? I'll give kudos to Sezer for a least having a dig but I think he has played himself out of a round one spot with that performance......a lot of wraps....just not delivering.

We are in for a long year. As I said earlier in the year, if we hit 12th or higher, it genuinely would be classed as a successful year for us.

WA Tiger

Bench
When api was in 2 minds and did his imitation of brooks with the butchered short grubber 5 out from the line, I couldn’t help thinking lack of trust in his outside players and prob for good reason ..

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Without seeing more than the highlight footage I'm assuming they probably went out there with a bit of ( 4 of ) coaching instruction overload...we flogged Manly last year in the corresponding trial...fat lot of good that did.

Benchtiger

Juniors
It doesn't matter if its a trial or a NRL game, if our forwards do not get some mongrel into them we are winning nothing.
It's easy to blame Api and the halves, but they can't do their job effectively without some go forward in attack and defence by the forwards.

As mentioned above Galvin showed enough to be given first crack at 7 or 6. I'd persist with him and try and let him mature into a role. Whatever role that turns out to be. At least he seemed interested and had a go. He did not look out of place. This will also make him happy and more likely to stay, if he does turn out to be good.

I wasn't aware that Tupou had signed with the Dolphins in the off season. Now that I do know I'd send him back to reserve grade. He's a development player, probably needing 3 years to become a decent first grader, if he makes it. I don't see any point in helping the Dolphins out. His spot would be better filled with a more experienced winger. Or another development player who's staying put.

Is Bateman injured? In Australia? If so why hasn't he played any minutes. We sorely need him.

From what I've seen so far, if we can avoid the spoon again it will be a win of sorts. We have a more difficult draw than last year.

Nutz

Bench
Quick question…does the COE have a gym?
Follow up question…if yes, do we use it?
I agree. The lads look anorexic. Seriously one of my favourite tiger players is Seyfarth but gee he looks puny compared to the opposition.
At the end of the day, rugby league winners are usually.....
*Bigger,
*Faster,
*More agile,
*Tougher, not only physically but also mentally
*Smarter/football brains and,
*More determined
Seriously, how many of these traits are our players displaying. Not many I fear.
Also, when we recruit or develop, we have to be on the lookout for players that are naturally big and fast, they're the ones that usually have good careers in footy.
I know last night was a trial but it was the majority of our first grade side. I didn't see one thing last night that suggests we have turned the corner.

Latest posts