What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trindall fails roadside alcohol and drug tests

Frenzy.

Immortal
Toby and Dale both spoke highly of Lurch's standards on The Fan. I reckon there are a couple of young fellas who drove standards in the offy. McLeader has 18 months left. Ronnie is emerging.

Standards are already set from what I see. Need to nurture leaders now who can lead people through them and set them in culture.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Reckon there would be a stack of players that are publicly supporting Tricky but silently fuming about his bender. We keep hearing about the culture that Fitz has built and Tricky's reckless night contradicts everything Fitz stands for. And the smashed crab will be a Shark for life imo....loves the place and the fact he gets to play footy in September here.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Reckon there would be a stack of players that are publicly supporting Tricky but silently fuming about his bender. We keep hearing about the culture that Fitz has built and Tricky's reckless night contradicts everything Fitz stands for. And the smashed crab will be a Shark for life imo....loves the place and the fact he gets to play footy in September here.
I think the off season will see what Fitz really thinks.
If Atkinson stands up, and Dykes is fully fit and going well.
Other clubs would want Trindall, nothing to say he might get moved on.
And if we could acquire a decent backup like a Seizer style and have Pollard still coming through.
Everything is always on the table, as jack Gibson contract are written on paper that way easy to rip up

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think the off season will see what Fitz really thinks.
If Atkinson stands up, and Dykes is fully fit and going well.
Other clubs would want Trindall, nothing to say he might get moved on.
And if we could acquire a decent backup like a Seizer style and have Pollard still coming through.
Everything is always on the table, as jack Gibson contract are written on paper that way easy to rip up
Doubt that Fitz discards Tricky on one bender and a shitload of poor choices. Too much time and effort put into his development. Having said that I'm sure that he'll be put on notice that one more f**k up and he's done. Put a couple of senior players in as minders or babysitters and move on after his suspension. Ball will be in his court as to whether this is just a significant bump in the road or if he becomes a serial offender and is ultimately discarded. Hopefully there is a couple of new clauses added to his contract that will be a significant enough deterrent.

blue bags

First Grade
Sniffing drugs junkies.not needed
Alcoholic get guffeg
Dicjhead unlicensed cancelled. Disqualified
driving. Unbelievable. All allegations
Wake Up call you tool

DJDL

Bench
Toby and Dale both spoke highly of Lurch's standards on The Fan. I reckon there are a couple of young fellas who drove standards in the offy. McLeader has 18 months left. Ronnie is emerging.

Standards are already set from what I see. Need to nurture leaders now who can lead people through them and set them in culture.

I've been noticing that lately as well.

My wife has been getting more interested in the game and was asking over the weekend who the Sharks captain was.
After telling her, we discussed other possible candidates. I had Ronnie right up there and mentioned the only thing against it was he is a winger.
If he was playing in the centre he might get a mention.

I read somewhere recently he's been seeing a psychologist to sort out his mindset while he's playing.
I think that's the difference we're seeing this year.

The other one for me is Nikora.
He may not be captain material, but he's a definite leader and driver of standards.
He seems to go fairly unnoticed now he's not busting into holes at will, like when he first came onto the scene, but the guy is a machine.All effort and one percenters.
I struggle to think of anyone I'd swap him for.

sladden road

Juniors
Sniffing drugs junkies.not needed
Alcoholic get guffeg
Dicjhead unlicensed cancelled. Disqualified
driving. Unbelievable. All allegations
Wake Up call you tool
Few things here.
A junkie is in another universe to a young fella being silly. Long long way. If your experience of Junkies is only “to her door”. STFU. If it’s not, you would be well aware of the stupid and singular complexity of your argument.
Alcoholic couldn’t play the game to this level;And again, see above.
Unlicensed, cancelled disqualified are all factually incorrect , it was expired. Very different.
Reading between(your) the lines, he did not renew his license because he was a alcoholic junkie shooting crack into his eye balls.

more likely he grew up in a way that didn’t prioritise life admin. And I’m not going into why.
Sure it’s stupid, yet your assumptions and slings are unwarranted.

You should probably go volunteer at Matthew Herbert and get some perspective around your bias.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
After May 17 2024 I assume. Will hear nothing till court is done.
I reckon it'll depend more on the result of.tge b-sample. If that happens to come back negative...I don't think we'd be waiting that long. The fact we worked in well with the integrity unit is in our/his favour. Integrity unit only really make calls re suspension if the club isn't taking appropriate action.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I reckon it'll depend more on the result of.tge b-sample. If that happens to come back negative...I don't think we'd be waiting that long. The fact we worked in well with the integrity unit is in our/his favour. Integrity unit only really make calls re suspension if the club isn't taking appropriate action.
Not sure about that. He has criminal charges (as per NSW Court Lists). NRL, IU and/or Sharks won't tough this till the cases have been heard. The results of the confirmation test would already be known by now.

Just for accuracy, only WADA/ASADA use the term B Sample. A and B samples under anti doping in sports are taken at the same time. i.e. wee in 2 jars or have collected blood in 2 vials. B sampling is only done at request of the athlete.

Cops use 2 seperate samples. Collected hours apart. He's a good chance of a negative depending on how he allegedly used cocaine and when the last used time was. It's not a long acting/long half-life drug.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Also worth noting he is only down for a mention on May 17 2024. There is likely to be another court appearance after that unless it is summarily thrown out, which I doubt.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Doubt that Fitz discards Tricky on one bender and a shitload of poor choices. Too much time and effort put into his development. Having said that I'm sure that he'll be put on notice that one more f**k up and he's done. Put a couple of senior players in as minders or babysitters and move on after his suspension. Ball will be in his court as to whether this is just a significant bump in the road or if he becomes a serial offender and is ultimately discarded. Hopefully there is a couple of new clauses added to his contract that will be a significant enough deterrent.
Not saying Fitz will discard him, but we don't know what has been happening, and also there is months till say October, when Fitz would make a decision

sladden road

Juniors
S
Also worth noting he is only down for a mention on May 17 2024. There is likely to be another court appearance after that unless it is summarily thrown out, which I doubt.
i was thinking that also Doc. It’s not a sentencing hearing.