What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple J To Change The Hottest 100 Date

jim_57

Staff member
As for aus music Jim, I think it’s pretty good right now. Off the top of my head, aussie bands I listen to...

DZ Deathrays
Amyl and the Sniffers
The Chats
Hockey Dad
Skeggss
Violent Soho
Lizzard Wizzard (mad sludge band and not King Gizard’s band, but they’re ok too)
The Press Club
Waax
Red Riders
Polish Club
The Smith Street Band

There’s probably plenty more I can’t remember right now. I’ve been a record collector for 30 years and this is possibly the best era for ausmusic I’ve seen imo.

Don't get me wrong I still like quite a few more modern Aus artists and there is some great music there. I just think it's gone up another level on how hard they push some Australian acts in the last couple of years. Like I said I'm probably imagining it and it's always been the same. See Courtney Barnett, Amy Shark, Chet Faker even Flume.

mongoose

Coach
I think bad guy is a relatively good pop song. It sums up jjj that this huge hit single wins the hottest 100 though.

That said its a youth radio station and most of us are old men

This is going to sound like an old man rant but here goes...

Gen Z are odd .... i find it weird that they don't really listen to angry music and some youths would even call Rage Against The Machine "dad rock" lmao. Funny that a cover of "Bulls on parade" by a rapper got in the top 10 though. But anyway, where is this generations The Prodigy, RATM, Nine Inch nails? hell even Silverchair would be too guitar heavy and "dad rock" for this generation. Yet they love real mellow shit you would expect to hear on some rich kids yacht like Lime Cordial and Ocean Alley?

f**king weird generation...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
This is going to sound like an old man rant but here goes...

Gen Z are odd .... i find it weird that they don't really listen to angry music and some youths would even call Rage Against The Machine "dad rock" lmao. Funny that a cover of "Bulls on parade" by a rapper got in the top 10 though. But anyway, where is this generations The Prodigy, RATM, Nine Inch nails? hell even Silverchair would be too guitar heavy and "dad rock" for this generation. Yet they love real mellow shit you would expect to hear on some rich kids yacht like Lime Cordial and Ocean Alley?

f**king weird generation...

There is plenty of angry music for the youth. A lot of soundcloud rap verges on nu-metal. Its just jjj listeners dont go much beyond the pop charts

Mong

Post Whore
I think bad guy is a relatively good pop song. It sums up jjj that this huge hit single wins the hottest 100 though.

That said its a youth radio station and most of us are old men

About sums it up.

I listen because they play a wide variety of things, many I don’t particularly like that much and some I like a lot.

It’s a bit different to cradle of Filth and the other usual bands I like.

Commercial radio is just not listenable for me, the repetitive poorly made ads and the same Justin Bieber song 5 times each day is painful.

The vibe of hottest 100 day is always great and more often than not we have our own party.