What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tv shows

elyod138

Bench
Community is a good new one, it gets better with each episode.

Not new shows, but nothing comes close to The Wire and Arrested Development for me.

beave

Coach
Arrested Development is my fave by far. I have watched the series 6-7 times now, every time I watch it I pick up more and more subtle jokes. Absolute tragedy it was ever cancelled.

If people out there watch it for the first time, give it a chance. The first few episodes leave you thinking 'what the hell is the hype about this show' but once you get to into about the 4th and 5th episode, you will be hooked. GOB and Tobias are 2 of the funniest characters in TV IMO.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Arrested Development is absolute gold, I agree.

Been watching a couple of english shows lately. Inbetweeners I've mentioned before is hilarious, the other one is Peep Show. Probably the funniest show I've seen. Another one that takes a while to get into but once you do it is awesome.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Criminal Minds

114.jpg

Ghoulies

Bench
I don't know what sort of shows you've seen already, but any of the following are great TV series from the past 4-5 years:

Mad Men
Peep Show
The Wire

and

Breaking bad
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Best show on TV at the moment. The performance of Bryan Cranston (the dad from Malcolm in the Middle) is enough to make the show worth watching alone.

Carnifex

Juniors
ive heard breaking bad is really good but its into its 3rd season...should i start all the way from season 1?

Alex Krycek

Juniors
As with all the great shows, you need to watch Breaking Bad from the beginning.

It's between that and Mad Men for best show on TV right now.

If you like sci fi you can't go past the X-Files.

For normal stuff:
The Sopranos
The Wire
Oz
Deadwood
The Shield

Are a cut above the rest, though I could be forgetting something.

Other shows I like but don't really belong in that tier:

Odyssey 5
Rome
Sons of Anarchy
Californication (best dramedy out there)
Dexter

I'm about to rip into Six Feet Under which I'm hoping will join the top tier :D

yeah breaking bad is the sh*t.

i watch most of my stuff on DVD

Breakling Bad
The Wire
Weeds
Sopranos
Oz
The Shield
Deadwood
Band Of Brothers
Californication
Dexter
Curb Your Enthusiasm

all much better on DVD

Danish

Referee
Dexter is my favourite show right now. The early seasons are great, but season 4 was just incredible. John Lithgow's recurring guest star role was top shelf.

I recommend anyone to watch it the series in its entirety