What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twiggys with us

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Squadron is aiming to generate 1/3 of all renewable energy in Oz by 2030 ie the 82% target set by the fed govt

They have serious sized projects........massive !

Tassie generates 99% renewable energy already via their hydro

SA 70% solar wind battery

NSW surprising 53% already in renewable energy generation...................so no wonder with the significant projects Squadron are already doing in NSW that Squadron saw a NSW sports brand like the Dragons as complimentary

Plus the Illawarra precinct and from memory we still have top5 or top10 most supporters in Oz ie 500k ?

Do you think Twiggy has reached out to Flano and said call anytime?

Just like Nick and Mark have done at the Roosters for Robbo?

Mentor and be a sounding board

Imagine if that is the case.................Twiggy is an international rock star compared to Nick and Mark

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Squadron is aiming to generate 1/3 of all renewable energy in Oz by 2030 ie the 82% target set by the fed govt

NSW surprising 53% already in renewable energy generation...................so no wonder with the significant projects Squadron are already doing in NSW that Squadron saw a NSW sports brand like the Dragons as complimentary

Plus the Illawarra precinct and from memory we still have top5 or top10 most supporters in Oz ie 500k ?

Imagine if that is the case.................Twiggy is an international rock star compared to Nick and Mark

Not that I want to take anything away from your post but that 53% refers to the capacity if everything was operating. The actual electricity energy provided by renewables is closer to 31% of the total (see p10 of this report https://assets.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/documents/Clean-Energy-Australia-Report-2023.pdf). Still pretty good but not quite as good as some of our political masters want you to think.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Not that I want to take anything away from your post but that 53% refers to the capacity if everything was operating. The actual electricity energy provided by renewables is closer to 31% of the total (see p10 of this report https://assets.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/documents/Clean-Energy-Australia-Report-2023.pdf). Still pretty good but not quite as good as some of our political masters want you to think.

Thanks Johnno
I was at briefing for work recently that said NSW generates 53% renewable energy but that doesn’t all get on the grid because there is just too much being generated in the middle of the day etc ……… so the grid “ramps down” I think was their terminology and or dumps a significant amount of renewable electricity

Hence why we are at 36% renewable on the grid? As per the link u sent ?

They were saying that a stack of the solar farms are only permitted to transmit 50% due to such lumpy high amounts of solar middle of the day that the grid can’t cope with the voltage?

Makes sense as I produce 40 kw hrs at home in spring and most of summer on a good day………but only use around 6kw hrs per day from solar and 6 kwhrs from the grid in the dark hours ie 12kw hrs in total. 10kw hrs goes back to the grid and the rest is dumped which is such a shame. On a good solar day I am wasting 24kw hrs which is insane but I am not doing a battery until the price drops another $5k or more

They also gave the example that SA produces so much roof top solar alone for a few hours a day that they have to shift this power to Victoria or dump it

I think the figure was something like SA produces 108% of their electricity needs on a good solar day in spring time

Insane

And batteries at an affordable price are need more than ever I would guess to mop up all that access?

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Thanks Johnno
I was at briefing for work recently that said NSW generates 53% renewable energy but that doesn’t all get on the grid because there is just too much being generated in the middle of the day etc ……… so the grid “ramps down” I think was their terminology and or dumps a significant amount of renewable electricity

Hence why we are at 36% renewable on the grid? As per the link u sent ?

They were saying that a stack of the solar farms are only permitted to transmit 50% due to such lumpy high amounts of solar middle of the day that the grid can’t cope with the voltage?

Makes sense as I produce 40 kw hrs at home in spring and most of summer on a good day………but only use around 6kw hrs per day from solar and 6 kwhrs from the grid in the dark hours ie 12kw hrs in total. 10kw hrs goes back to the grid and the rest is dumped which is such a shame. On a good solar day I am wasting 24kw hrs which is insane but I am not doing a battery until the price drops another $5k or more

They also gave the example that SA produces so much roof top solar alone for a few hours a day that they have to shift this power to Victoria or dump it

I think the figure was something like SA produces 108% of their electricity needs on a good solar day in spring time

Insane

And batteries at an affordable price are need more than ever I would guess to mop up all that access?
The only numbers that mean anything to Twiggy and his greedy cohorts are his ever expanding bank balances....while all of ours dwindle down from inflation, lock downs and the fallacy of renewables being a solution to a non problem. All other numbers associated with renewables are as reliable as a solar panel in a hailstorm. Meanwhile, we lose our ocean and the whales can go f... themselves.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Is that definitely correct LoveMe ?

I receive a credit since putting solar

Ie I don’t pay for electricity anymore

I export on average 3 mega watts to the grid of renewable energy

If all of the 10 million dwellings in Oz had solar we can produce currently 130 % of our electricity needs as per Uni NSW report 2018 by the PV institute

Hmmmmm

Gardenia

Juniors

Its where the future is heading but they have alot of work to do and a long way to go. I like what they are aiming to do and would love to help them/work for them one day. Have always had a passion but this sponsorship makes them more attractive.

I know alot about the industry and thats as much as I can divulge.

Draginzaaar

Bench
dont know if anyone has had the same idea but maybe with such a high profile sponsor we may just get a bit more from the nrl ( not missing magic round bye first up etc) Twiggy will sure have some PR clout behind him and we should use his vast contacts and employment opportunities much like uncle nick .
One team has to have the 1st round bye and one team has to miss out on Magic Round.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Is that definitely correct LoveMe ?

I receive a credit since putting solar

Ie I don’t pay for electricity anymore

I export on average 3 mega watts to the grid of renewable energy

If all of the 10 million dwellings in Oz had solar we can produce currently 130 % of our electricity needs as per Uni NSW report 2018 by the PV institute

Hmmmmm
I have solar, but still get a bill. But I have a pool that runs 10 hours a day.

Mojo

Bench
I have solar, but still get a bill. But I have a pool that runs 10 hours a day.
Same. We upgraded our solar set up recently. We now generate a lot more energy than we consume but still pay our electricity provider about the same as before when we factor-in the cost of the upgrade. I'm still trying to analyse all the variables. I'm determined to zero our bill. Electric hot water system seems to be the big one.

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Same. We upgraded our solar set up recently. We now generate a lot more energy than we consume but still pay our electricity provider about the same a s before when we factor-in the cost of the upgrade. I'm still trying to analyse all the variables. I'm determined to zero our bill. Electric hot water system seems to be the big one.
Good luck with that. While ever you pay a "network cost fee" or a "daily connection fee", you will always get a bill. And the suppliers keep putting up the daily connection fee to cover their costs so what hope do you have.

Mojo

Bench
Good luck with that. While ever you pay a "network cost fee" or a "daily connection fee", you will always get a bill. And the suppliers keep putting up the daily connection fee to cover their costs so what hope do you have.
Classic isn't it? You have to pay a fee to connect so you can donate electricity to them. I hate these sort of Catch22's.

Trifili13

Juniors
Same. We upgraded our solar set up recently. We now generate a lot more energy than we consume but still pay our electricity provider about the same as before when we factor-in the cost of the upgrade. I'm still trying to analyse all the variables. I'm determined to zero our bill. Electric hot water system seems to be the big one.
Maybe don't shower or only use cold water - just a friendly suggestion.🛀

maestro1

Bench
One team has to have the 1st round bye and one team has to miss out on Magic Round.
Queensland teams won't miss out on Magic round.

But us Dragons copped the round 1 bye in 2023 and then followed by Magic Round bye in 2024.

There is a theory that our unbelievable following on the Gold Coast ( Gold Coast Dragons membership) should mean we never should have got the bye for Magic Round. NRL hate us and Foxtel can't hide their dislike for us.

Trifili13

Juniors
My theory about missing out on Magic Round is that it is generally a sellout whether we play or not so NRL not worried if the Dragon's don't play. You can't tell me that the Sharks, Warriors or Manly would attract more supporters than we would. If it was a stand alone game, I suggest we would be high up the list of playing given the large supporter base in QLD and the tickets they would sell.

Dragon David

First Grade
Queensland teams won't miss out on Magic round.

But us Dragons copped the round 1 bye in 2023 and then followed by Magic Round bye in 2024.

There is a theory that our unbelievable following on the Gold Coast ( Gold Coast Dragons membership) should mean we never should have got the bye for Magic Round. NRL hate us and Foxtel can't hide their dislike for us.
I have that feeling too maestro about the NRL and Foxtel/Nine Networks not caring for us at all for some reason and it pisses me off.