What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twin Peaks 2017

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watched this show as a kid and Killer Bob gave me nightmares for weeks.

I heard he was a camera man and accidentally was caught in a shot and was so damn scary that they added him into the show.

Apey

Staff member
Looking forward to this. Needs more eerie music and strange women dancing.

OVP

Coach
Well I've watched the first two episodes of the new series. The two episodes is like watching a full length David Lynch movie in two parts. It's like a cross between Blue Velvet, Lost Highway and Eraserhead with a tiny bit of the old Twin Peaks thrown in so far.

This is some seriously bent shit. Much, much darker than the old Twin Peaks. No spoilers from me though :)

p.s. I definitely enjoyed it, but this is not going to be an easy watch at all. May i suggest you NOT binge watch this when you get to see it, it won't work that way.

Apey

Staff member
I can't wait to start watching it, I'll probably wait for most of it to come out though so I can watch it at my own pace.

Big Pete

Referee
My obsession the past week or so. I watched through the original season and FWWM just in time for Season 3. 4 episodes in and I have to agree with OVP. This isn't like the 1990s Twin Peaks at all, this feels like Mulholland Drive mixed with the FWWM Black Lodge mythos. Lynch is as vague and cryptic as ever in his narration of Season 3, but it appears we'll be receiving some answers come Episode 5.

General thoughts on the series...

Season 1 - Dated in sections, but the show comes together nicely, improving episode after episode before delivering a faultless finale.

Season 2 - I thought the show was already showing signs of fatigue before they revealed the killer. Sadly this season has some of the show's best moments, but for the most part it's very campy with a lot of characters feeling irrelevant to the rest of the show. Yet, as bad as it was, I found myself enjoying the characters and thought the actors were really beginning to grow into their parts. A part of me believes the awful story arcs like Tojamura add to the shows charm.

One of the best series finale's of all time, and a pretty smart move by Lynch to try and hook a movie deal.

Fire Walk With Me - I enjoyed the Teresa Banks section, didn't really care for the Laura Palmer section of the movie. It wasn't particularly enjoyable watching a character completely give up on their life and I didn't think the movie made me emotionally connect with the character anymore than I would have. All it did in terms of Palmer's character was spell out the events, which were fine as they were in the series. I still enjoyed sections of it, particularly the ending which I thought was a clever way of telling you what Laura was going through without the sex, drugs and rock n roll stuff.

Season 3 - I won't go too in-depth but I will say going in I considered skipping FWWM since I already knew most of the particulars. However, FWWM has more in common with Season 3 and feel it made the transition a lot easier.

OVP

Coach
Season 3 - I won't go too in-depth but I will say going in I considered skipping FWWM since I already knew most of the particulars. However, FWWM has more in common with Season 3 and feel it made the transition a lot easier.

I, like you, binge watched the first two series, but i didn't actually watch FWWM. Maybe that was my problem in adjusting to series 3. Holy snapping batshit, there's a huge difference lol.

FWWM and Mulholland Drive are the only two Lynch movies I've never seen. Can't believe I still haven't seen either, I really must get my shit together lol. My personal favourite Lynch movies are Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet and Lost Highway, in that order. Just love his weirdness :)

Peter Greenaway and Ken Russell are two other similar directors to Lynch, if you guys want to see more weird bent stuff. Ken Russell's Gothic and Crimes of Passion are more of my favourites. Very similar to Lynch, the both of them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
OVP you still watching this brother???

I thought episode 7 was brilliant but I just watched 8 and all I can say is what the actual f**k????

OVP

Coach
OVP you still watching this brother???

I thought episode 7 was brilliant but I just watched 8 and all I can say is what the actual f**k????

I took a bit of a hiatus, but have now watched all up to episode 5. Tonight will watch 6 & 7 :)

I've been saying WTF every single episode so far ... this is extra bent stuff from Lynch ... truly bizarre.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I took a bit of a hiatus, but have now watched all up to episode 5. Tonight will watch 6 & 7 :)

I've been saying WTF every single episode so far ... this is extra bent stuff from Lynch ... truly bizarre.
You are in for a treat :joy:

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
lol I did warn you.

You did indeed. But one can never take spoken word for granted when speaking of Lynch's weirdness. One must appreciate for one's self :D

p.s. I wonder how many ppl know Gordon the FBI agent is David Lynch himself.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You did indeed. But one can never take spoken word for granted when speaking of Lynch's weirdness. One must appreciate for one's self :D

p.s. I wonder how many ppl know Gordon the FBI agent is David Lynch himself.
I only found out when I rewatched it all again, also his son was in FWWM. The grandson with the little old lady, he's a dead spit even his hair :joy:

Reactions: OVP

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holy crap it just keeps getting better, episode 11 was a ripper.

That lady in the honking in the car LMFAO!!

Latest posts