What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two and a half men cancelled

Cliffhanger

Coach
Or then again maybe after a hard day at the office they just want to kick back over dinner and have a chuckle at some brainless humour?

Some people in this place really need to get out more, quite alarming!

I wasn't calling them stupid, nor was I saying that enjoying those shows automatically puts you in the lowest common denominator nub, I was merely saying that those type of shows are what appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Also there is a difference between enjoying brainless humor and believing it's quality entertainment.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
IT Crowd, Peep Show, That Mitchell and Webb Look - The only decent proper comedy shows on TV (Sadly most of them look to have finished their series, although there is talk of a 5th IT Crowd season and a Christmas special has been in the pipeline for 2 years now, but I think the careers of Chris O'Dowd and Richard Aoyade have prevented much work from being done on this awesome show)

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the best comedy since Seinfeld but there's no way 2 and a half men
fans would get it.

Trailer Park Boys was funny as shit in the first 5 years.

Godz Illa

Coach
Louie Louie Louie Louieeeeee

Download Louie. On tv in the US but nowhere here. As a comparison it's probably closest to Curb in feel, but not quite. Much much funnier and better - and I'm a massive Curb fan.

We're only 2 seasons in but both are brilliant. Renewed for a third.

Do it. Louie.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So for shits and giggles, I decided to watch the premier, and this show is STILL shit.

So Jake left the show after having a falling out with Chuck Lorre, meaning there is no 'half man' - they need a recruit. Now they get some chick on the show who is claiming to be Charlies long lost daughter.

The predictable happens, and after being reluctant at first, she agrees to move in. Towards the end of the episode, they 4 (Schmit, Allan, Evelyn and the daughter), wind up at the bar Charlie always used to go to. The daughter tries to pick up a chick intended for Schmit. When they get home, the daughter in fact picked up that chick for herself, sort of hinting that she's a lesbian (or at least Bi). To which Evelyn yells out "Charlies home" (as if to say a womaniser in the house is back).

Yes, it was as shit as it sounds (or even shitter).

This surely has to be the last season.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So a show that's been shit for nearly a decade is still shit.

Who would've thought.
Actually, I made a mistake - I'm sorry. It's not just shit, it's shitter than shit!

I don't know how it was given a 10th season, let alone 11th. It's really scraping beyond the bottom of the barrel now.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Finally it's official. Two and a Half Men has been renewed by a 13 episode season finale. Thank goodness this tripe is ending!

vvvrulz

Coach
Terrible show especially once Sheen left, it was mildly amusing to see him parody himself.
Only had a few episodes worth of jokes and running gags, just repeated the same crap over and over.

perverse

Referee
lol @ BF... stomps around calling it a shit show - watches it religiously and talks about it on the internet.

You know, if you really don't like a show - you just don't watch it, think about it or generally engage with it in any way. This show never had any redeeming qualities - and I legitimately do think less of those that like or ever liked it. It's not a taste thing - it's an intelligence thing.

Someone

Bench
it isn't intelligence at all.

do you f**king find the hot seat to be funny?

or big bang with its nerdy jokes?

its a taste thing.

The first few seasons were ok, alan got annoying and jake didn't evolve into the comedic character he should have. should have been canned after 7 or 8 seasons anyway.

I can easily sit down and watch two and a half men one minute (repeats from old seasons) and watch curb your enthusiasm the next, I understand them for what they are meant to be.

vvvrulz

Coach
^^ pretty much nailed it

Taste and intelligence are completely different things. 2.5 Men was amusing enough when it was a Sheen piss take with Alan and that maid chick bouncing off him and Jake just had to be 'the kid'

But it failed without Sheen, Kutcher didn't fit at all, Jake sucks and Alan can't carry the show
Reminds me of how Spin City got destroyed when they lost Fox and brought in Locklear.

It's amazing they kept it going that long, but then again Friends went on for ages repeating the same thing over and over.

Bulldog Force

Referee
lol @ BF... stomps around calling it a shit show - watches it religiously and talks about it on the internet.

You know, if you really don't like a show - you just don't watch it, think about it or generally engage with it in any way. This show never had any redeeming qualities - and I legitimately do think less of those that like or ever liked it. It's not a taste thing - it's an intelligence thing.

Religiously? :lol: You really have no idea. Like many people, I stopped watching it after Sheen left.

However, with all the rumors going around that he was going to be back for the finale, I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and see how it ended.

I won't spoil it in case anyone here hasn't watched it, but let's just say that if you really think that I continued to watch this show given what I've been saying about it even since Sheen left, you really must get a CT scan on your brain and check for any signs of damage!

God-King Dean

Immortal

lol Perverse, you can't actually think Big Bang is intelligent?

Knowing a lot of 'nerd' facts & big words doesn't mean it's intelligent - the humour itself is the same generic American laugh every 20 second show. It's practically the same formula as 2.5 men.

Really, it's just a bunch of pop culture references.

Danish

Referee
I actually found 2.5 men quite hilarious whenever Ryan Stiles was involved. Scenes with him, Alan, and Charlie were genuinely funny even if they were ridiculously stupid. Similar type of humour to the running "No Ma'am" joke on Married With Children back in the day.

Obviously it was a crap show, but sometimes you just want to shut your brain off for half and hour and laugh at some crude dick and fart jokes covered in a heaping of 3rd grade sexual innuendo.