What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U/20s

Where are you Dino ?

Suggest you watch the U/20s go round Dufty and Field are real speedsters !!!

Field hasn't missed a conversion.

Trailed 14-0, now up 24-14.

TheRev

First Grade
Ended up being a 30-30 draw, Cowboys scored with 5 seconds to go, conversion hit the upright and bounced out.. was actually a fair result, even though we rly had the game sewn up, 10 points in front with a few minutes remaining.

Other thoughts:
o I was boggled by how easily the Cowboys monstered us in the 1st half, it looked like we had fielded schoolboys against a 1st grade side, their 8/9/10 would hit our boys and they stayed hit.... so not surprisingly they rolled up field like parting the seas.. and it was some sort of miracle that we scored late in the 1st half and got back into the game.. probably a testament to our skill, determination & patience.

o Once the momentum shifted though we were in the game for the most part, though I cringed when we got tackled by their massive units.. & our goalkicking was on song today 5/5 from memory, maybe more from Jai Field, and that kept us in it..

Players who stood out (to me anyway):
o Payne: Was the dominant half, and he is pretty good for the most part, runs at the line, puts his body on the line in O & D, I mean hes a good kid, its hard to say how far he would go, makes errors also, I dunno dont love him but interested to see if he develops this year.. has a pretty big boot on him also.

o Field: Played a really minor role as 5/8, but what he did do was quite good.. a couple of short/medium kicks were really pinpoint.. and the try he scored was what any half should do, but still he did it.. and scored with his speed.. little bloke though, like rly little.. has a lot of growing to do.

o Dufty: Energetic is the word the commentators use and thats accurate, hes always dangerous, always has a few errors as hes always trying really hard.. I still dont know what to make of him, hes a lot of fun to watch, but I still dont know if he would be a success at first grade, I mean we could play him on the wing, but we have half a dozen actual wingers at the club who I think would do a better job of being a winger.. so I dunno.. hopefully he will get a go at NSW Cup soon and we will see.

Noone else rly stood out, the wingers were fast and put pressure on the D, but defensive errors galore, a lot of the blokes were complete turnstiles in defence.. Leilua & Uele were good but I mean thats relative because we did lose the battle in the middle.