What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under 20's State Of Origin April 21st

s1ng0709

Juniors
Chad Redman for Newcastle would e a good selection on the bench. Former Australian Schoolboy Hooker he is currently playing very well at lock for the high flying Knights 20s team.

I know you're looking for utility on the bench, but redman could be pushing for the starting hooker spot. Stockwell is a prop and has looked just as dominant as the other gun props playing NYC. He has played mostly NSW cup this year. IMO thinking steven price wanting him to play with the older boys to get him ready for a debut later in the year if forward stocks are running slim come origin time!

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
QUEENSLAND UNDER 20s
1. Lachlan Maranta – Broncos/Norths Devils
2. Hymel Hunt – Titans
3. Tautau Moga - Roosters
4. Edrick Lee - Raiders
5. Aaron Whitchurch – Broncos/Redcliffe Dolphins
6. Kurt Mann - Knights
7. Ben Hampton - Storm
8. Korbin Sims - Knights
9. Alex Elisala - Cowboys
10. Dylan Napa – Roosters
11. Mitchell Frei – Broncos/Norths Devils
12. Caleb Timu - Broncos
13. Chris Grevsmuhl - Cowboys
14. Benn Malley - Broncos
15. Corey Oates - Broncos
16. Brandon Tago - Roosters
17. Moses Mbye – Bulldogs
18. Kirisome Auva’a – Storm

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?...3411&title=qld-under-20-team-for-origin-clash

Panther_Daz

Staff member
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.asp...gio-nsw-u20-state-of-origin-team-announcement

Chairman of the New South Wales Rugby League, Mr John Chalk, has today announced the inaugural GIO NSW U/20 Origin side to face off for the Darren Lockyer Shield against QLD at Centrebet Stadium this Saturday night.

Some of the states finest young talent will pull on the sky blue jersey in what should be a classic encounter out in western Sydney.

Here is the side...

Position - Player - Club

Fullback - Evander Cummins - St George Illawarra Dragons
Wing - Young Tonumaipea - Melbourne Storm
Centre - Cheyse Blair - Parramatta Eels
Centre - Ed Murphy - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Wing - Chanel Mata’Utia - Newcastle Knights
Five-eighth - Harry Siejka - Penrith Panthers
Halfback - Jacob Miller - Wests Tigers
Prop - Matt Groat - Wests Tigers
Hooker - Michael Lichaa - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Prop - Kane Evans - Sydney Roosters
Second row - Alex McKinnon - Newcastle Knights
Second row - Boyd Cordner - Sydney Roosters
Lock - Vaipuna Tia Kilifi - Penrith Panthers
Interchange - Paul Carter - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Interchange - Jack Stockwell - St George Illawarra Dragons/Illawarra Cutters
Interchange - David Klemmer - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Interchange - Shannon Boyd - Canberra Raiders
18th Man - Lachlan Burr - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Coach - Dean Pay - Melbourne Storm

Six of the side has already tasted NRL action, while Jack Stockwell has vaulted into the team off the back of some powerful performances in the VB NSW Cup, and this weekends experience will be just another vital step along the representative pathway for these future stars.

Action kicks off at Centrebet Stadium, Penrith at 7.30pm Saturday with NSWRL Junior Rep Finals being played as curtain raisers from 3.35pm.

Patorick

Staff member
QUEENSLAND UNDER 20s
2. Hymel Hunt – Titans
4. Edrick Lee - Raiders
6. Kurt Mann - Knights
7. Ben Hampton - Storm
8. Korbin Sims - Knights
12. Caleb Timu - Broncos

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?...3411&title=qld-under-20-team-for-origin-clash
There I was thinking Gerringong was part of NSW...

QUEENSLAND UNDER 20s
2. Hymel Hunt – Titans
4. Edrick Lee - Raiders
6. Kurt Mann - Knights
7. Ben Hampton - Storm
8. Korbin Sims - Knights
12. Caleb Timu - Broncos

How Luke Keary doesn't make it is beyond belief. He's got the most Line-Breaks, Line-Break Assists & Try Assists combined in the entire NYC and he plays for a crap team.

Big Pete

Referee
Do you honestly agree with his eligibility though Pete?

Played all his 16s and 18s here in Queensland, honestly could have chosen NSW but given they're selecting Kiwis & Victorians despite having over twice the amount of eligible players than Queensland I suppose his mind was made up. :cool:

From what I understand though, I don't believe this officially ties Sims to Queensland. He could change his mind later on but I just want to see Sims vs. Sims at Origin. That has 'Warrior' written all over it.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Played all his 16s and 18s here in Queensland, honestly could have chosen NSW but given they're selecting Kiwis & Victorians despite having over twice the amount of eligible players than Queensland I suppose his mind was made up. :cool:

From what I understand though, I don't believe this officially ties Sims to Queensland. He could change his mind later on but I just want to see Sims vs. Sims at Origin. That has 'Warrior' written all over it.

Did he actually have a choice in the matter though?

Jubes

Juniors
Sims spends 18 of his 20 years in NSW and he's a Queenslander? f**king joke! So we could have 2 brothers on opposite teams in origin in a few years time.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well its a silly selection anyway because he is reportedly out til Rd 10 with an injury, so he is unlikely to play

Latest posts