What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undisputed

Munky

Coach
Watching all that footage of the GF the last couple of days I have two main takeaways.

1) Broncos coaching staff were not paying attention to Jerome and Nathan's body language and time with the trainer. Two injured halves and you don't isolate them?
2) A good defensive fullback could have prevented three of the four Penrith tries. Not being in play for the drop out. Going straight past Critta taking out your own men and then out of position for Nathan's winner.

MugaB

Coach
2) A good defensive fullback could have prevented three of the four Penrith tries. Not being in play for the drop out. Going straight past Critta taking out your own men and then out of position for Nathan's winner.
Oh but what about those sexy eyes

snickers007

Juniors
Gee that's a take and a half. Bec is Ivan's wife, and Nathan's mum.

PS she is not old either. Whereas I am old.

I found her insights fascinating.

Maybe I was a bit dismissive. And for what it's worth, I didn't mean to imply she was "old", it's just a term.

I just found the final episode to be a bit of a mess narratively - lots of half explored ideas, some important details not touched at all. My biggest takeaway from the episode was that it was devine intervention from Nathan's grandfather that allowed him to go beast mode, and win the grand final single handedly.

And with every one of Nathan's highlights, we get the action shot of Bec in the crowd - including 3 cutaways to her during Nathan's match winning try. Seemed a bit much to me.

Over the last 4-5 years we've continually spoken about the next man up mentality, how we stick to the process, how the team is more important than the individual. And Ivan has been the main face and voice driving this. This last episode just felt like a massive Nathan Cleary wankfest.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Watching all that footage of the GF the last couple of days I have two main takeaways.

1) Broncos coaching staff were not paying attention to Jerome and Nathan's body language and time with the trainer. Two injured halves and you don't isolate them?
Mam and Walsh tore Nathan to pieces defensively, what a strange take on the game.

Black Magik

Juniors
Did anyone pick up in the second episode about how they ran scenarios around being 2 or 3 tries behind and how it would help them be ready for situations where this happened?

I found it amazing that in the GF that very scenario occurred and the boys made it out with the win.

I enjoyed the behind the scenes insight

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
For ten minutes.

When Penrith highlighted Cam McInnes as a non dominant middle defender he set a new tackling record.
Its more like the rest of the sharks forward pack is non dominant, if anything cams the only one out there not clutching at air

MrBlack

Juniors
Did anyone pick up in the second episode about how they ran scenarios around being 2 or 3 tries behind and how it would help them be ready for situations where this happened?

I found it amazing that in the GF that very scenario occurred and the boys made it out with the win.

I enjoyed the behind the scenes insight
That was the first thing that come to mind when I saw it.

Almost like it was edited that way....

soc123_au

Staff member
Nah it’s geoblocked so need a vpn and I can’t be assed faffing with that to cast onto a tv.

I’d happily pay if it was available some other way.
Ok, wasn't sure if was location specific. Good chance it's up on YouTube somewhere, but haven't tried to find it. Hopefully someone else knows a way for you as it's well worth a watch.

Ok, wasn't sure if was location specific. Good chance it's up on YouTube somewhere, but haven't tried to find it. Hopefully someone else knows a way for you as it's well worth a watch.
Yea hope so. Just finished watching All The Way which was just put up on the panthers YouTube channel and that was a really good watch. Def keen to catch the follow up if I can.

So if anyone has any ideas please sing out 👍

MugaB

Coach
Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know if we can catch this in NZ? Can you buy or rent it online somewhere?
Its on YouTube today episode 1, search it should be there, but i warn you as a warriors fan, you might not enjoys this one, as it spends time on that first finals game

MugaB

Coach
That's the 2022 doco.
Oh yeah, i for some reason thought it was the latest one, i didn't watch it on youtube, just noticed it pop up while i was flicking thru, i watch all three a few weeks ago on the 9now app